Seadoo GTX 155hp - Power issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom-gtx

Hi all,

I have a 2002 seadoo GTX 4-tech 155hp. The ski goes well when there is one on it, however when there is weight on the ski (3 passengers) or towing a skier/boarder it really struggles. The engine revs fine but the ski tends to struggle a bit, if you keep the power down it does eventually move. A friend of mine has the same ski and his is fine and does not suffer issues.

Does anyone have any idea of the issue and how I can solve it? I would be very grateful for any advice.

Cheers
Tom

Sound like an impeller or wear ring issue. Inspect both for gouges or dings in the impeller. If none visible check the impeller wear ring gap. It shouldn't be any more than the thickness of a business card

I'd be willing to bet it's your wear ring, and possibly your impeller, but definitely the wear ring.

Replace it and your thrust will be back to what it should be....you wouldn't think that small little grooves in a plastic cylinder would make that much difference, but these jet pumps work on such small clearances that it really does matter. Pick one up for about $60 and you should be able to replace it yourself using an impeller removal tool. Good luck

I think the part # you need is 271000653. Check any parts website and you'll be able to find it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back