Seadoo gti depth finder??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAleyenda

Hi i just bought my self a seadoo gti 130 2013 and was thinking about to install the original depth finder, but does anybody now how precise this is, i measure in meter in EU.
Also is there anybody WHO have it installed and have a picture of how it shows in the original gauge ?

I've installed several and they are very precise and units can be in what you choose and will show up on the bottom left of your screen small all the time and then it will also have its own full screen reading when scrolling the functions. Once it's installed, it will show up and does not need programmed which is different from a few years ago where BUDS had to enable it to show up on the LCD.

Easy install, just mount bracket and sounder to rear location with two screws in preset location and connect wires to the fuse panel which is up front next to your battery. 1 hour install time per SeaDoo is about right if you take your time and have never done it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
No drilling, there are factory screw bosses built in to the hull for the depth finder so just attach the bracket with 2 screws. Then the sounder snaps into the bracket. This part of the install takes 10 minutes. Attaching the wires to the fuse panel takes a little longer but even those just snap into the back of the fuse panel into open slots already labeled for depth finder. The kit is a little expensive but worth it.

Is there any guides with pictures, i was affraid i had to drill a hole in the Hull. Do you now how low the measure goes i saw pictures that show 1 fr that is about 0.3 meter. Can that be right ? Some people say it cannot go under 1 meter?? :/

The instructions have pictures and is easy to follow but I haven't seen anyone do a write up on it probably because it is so simple. I think somebody posted the instructions on another forum website, do a search. It goes to 1 foot and have seen mine as high as 200 feet, not sure about meters since I've never tried but would expect it to read .3 meters but maybe just 1 meter, don't know. You should not be in water less than 1 meter ideally.

Just plug and play. 2010 and older had to be programmed by dealer to show up on LCD with BUDS which I have also done many times but very simple and takes 5 minutes but dealers will charge a lot because they can and you have no choice. I do it for free if you buy the kit from me even if you install it.

Haha i live in Denmark Europe so it would be difficult to get you to do it, but Nice of you.. Where Are you from it Would proberly be cheaper to buy from you if youre from Europe. :)

I do it for others for free that are local I should have stated. Understand you are from EU and yours is plug and play so no dealer needed. Make sure you get the correct kit for your model as there are a few very similar but you need the correct wiring harness. If yours is IBR, must get that kit but not IS suspension kit.

I Think i order it at my local seadoo store where i bought the ski so that im sure to get the right one

Might want to check out jmcamper - best price I've seen. Considering this as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Got the depth finder installed today really easy to do almost plug and play and a very easy guide came with the kit, with pictures os there was nothing that could go wrong. Now i just need to try it out..

I Got the depth finder installed today really easy to do almost plug and play and a very easy guide came with the kit, with pictures os there was nothing that could go wrong. Now i just need to try it out..

While I like the idea of a depth finder....I can't get over the price. Here in Canada it's about $350. Is it really useful?

Thats cheap compared to Europe, i bought mine for about 400$ i Would say my body has it on his and it is very useful. But i Think if you dont have it and never have tried it i is proberly not something you Would miss. But again its cool to have that feature, kinda luxus problem

It comes with a great instructions guide when you buy it so there no doubt where you install it. Mine was mounted at the bag with the waterbox there is two screw hulls you Mount it on... And then there is all the Electronics - there Are Also a pictured guide with very easy to follow. It took me about 1-1.5 hour to install included the chatting and takling time..

I see what i can do,but if you buy it i Would recommend to buy it from you local dealer so you can be sure to get the right depth finder for your pwc, that you can get several models for Many models.

I see that. Both of my PWCs have IBR and are 2011 or newer so I believe I can identify the one that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back