Seadoo GTI 1999 not running "ticking"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I'm having some trouble I'm left with ticking noise, no winding motion or anything...posted the other day where my battery wasn't charging however apparently according to a couple of members my readings came back to be alright...I have 12.8volts at battery and 14 volts at 4500rpm, My regulator seems alright at idle 11-12...but when negative terminal comes off the battery engine stops running in which it should keep running?? With my new battery! Anyway so yesterday I took it out and I kept loosing power at some points would loose a little revs and speed and when coming into sure it stalled and died out! Started up alright then half hour later wouldn't start at all! I kept trying to and it wound and wound but it started to get slower and slower and now left with ticking noise...no winding or anything! water did enter the hull as my carbon seal is leaking.

I've taken off start motor and hooked it up to jump starters and it works! Battery still has good voltage, I tried to bridge solenoid from positive to positive on battery! Fuses are sweet! It sounds like a flat battery but it's not...solenoid box vibrates when pressing started...I'm really confused at what else it could be...any input is truely appreciated

As already stated you can’t run it with the battery disconnected.

Does it crank when you jump the solenoid posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back