Seadoo GT1 Ltd 2004 take on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sselzer

I took my Seadoo out for the first time this season and notice it was taking on water. I found a few areas of concern and are looking for advise. I also notice the drive shafts one not center. I notice the gel coat was dripping when I put water in the hull. Please look at pictures and tell what to do. Thanks in advance.
173.jpg
174.jpg
175.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The engine needs to be aligned with the pump. You need the pump alignment tool so you can move and shim you engine accordingly. That shaft has seen better days too. I'd imagine the carbon ring will be oval inside with that angle of shaft. Do that while you're on and have the shaft out.

More worrying is it looks like your hull is cracked. If you're filling the hull and it's coming from where you can see the drips in the picture, and not running down from somewhere else, you'll need to repair it.

If you're not confident with GRP I'd suggest getting someone to do it for you.
It's a case of grinding out an ~1" wide 1/4" deep section and building back up the chopped mat. Then refinishing the gelcoat and buffing back. Same on the inside minus the gelcoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back