Seadoo GT No Spark, Good Fuses, What next?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSchmidt54

Hey guys, my buddy has a 91 GT with a clean engine......it has sat for a while but the ski looks good and has good compression.... it turns over , but there is no spark coming from either plug ..... we checked fuses.... they are good....any ideas? I don't know if this thing even has a rectifier on it or where it would be located if it did...

thanks for any help in advance!
Drew

the 91 is a pre-MPEM machine. So... it has a speed limiter in it. (rev limiter) it's also the "kill" unit, and it isolates the high voltage from the switch on the handle bars.

They don't live forever, and I'm going to say... it's probably dead.

Pull the gray box, and start looking it over for bad connections... and assume that you will need a new speed limiter.

Thanks doc..... Sooo is there any way to test the Rev limiter if it's good or bad? It's like a 70 dollar part lol

Yep... disconnect it. BUT... you won't have a kill switch, or a rev limiter. SO... do not ride it!! You will need the choke to kill the engine.

Yep... disconnect it. BUT... you won't have a kill switch, or a rev limiter. SO... do not ride it!! You will need the choke to kill the engine.

thanks doc! just out of curiosity,have you ridden one? or any 587? Im interested to see how this runs in comparison to my buddies kawi Sea Cow...... I know its no 787... but does it even do 40? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back