Seadoo GSX questions? ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon32689

hey so i just took the seadoo rxdi i bought back because the compression was low, guy took all the money back, and then i found a 1998 seadoo gsx in good shape so went ahead and got it, the engine is in great shape and not a drip of standing water in hull runs great and has even compression, got it for 2300.00 from origional owner it has 220 hrs on it and he did a top end on it about a year ago. Are these pretty good skis?? also i had a question since i saved money going with this one i was wanting to get rid of all the purple, i am going to order a seat cover on ebay i see some for 70.00 and some of the good hydroturff for 110.00, about the hood i was going to take it off and either sand and paint black myself or get it painted?? what you think could someone just sand it really good and paint it or should i get it pro done, i already ordered a black rear grab handle, other than that i need to order the trim that goes all the way around the ski i see a black set on ebay now for 120 obo is that really cost that much? and does anyone know how hard that is to replace?? thanks i really just want everything that purple to be black, let me know any suggestions and if you can answer any of my questions thanks..

The 98 GSX is very good ski in my opinion, I would personally leave the purple but that's just me, you can paint the hood your self if your are handy and are up for it, its not to hard search the forum as other people have done this many times. If you want to get a seat cover I would recommend Hydro Turf as they make a high quality product, if you don't like them try jet pilot

You got a nice little project.

with the painting part you'll want to get a good quality paint such as plastikote so that it bonds to the plastic and you wont have to much trouble down the road. The trim is a royal pain to do becuase its rivited into place you'll need to drill all the old rivits out and theres about 50 of them. What i would recommend is it its not in to bad of shape keep what you have on. Hydroturf is awsome. Good Luck!

Well I found the entire trim set on eBay off of a 99 gsx which I's black so I'm thinking about ordering it for 150 abc then the rear grab bar n black is only 30 bucks I'm just going to have to get hood painted or do it myself and get seat ordered does anyone know if it's really that hard to change trim after taking it off do you just re rivit it or what thanks.

I'm looking at a 1998 GSX also for about 1400, has a double trailer, which is great for me since we need 2 skis. Guy said throttle is stuck? Is that a good deal? Ski seems to be in great shape!

I'm looking at a 1998 GSX also for about 1400, has a double trailer, which is great for me since we need 2 skis. Guy said throttle is stuck? Is that a good deal? Ski seems to be in great shape!

If it's a easy fix then ya it's a good deal I bought my gsx 2 months ago for 2k for just ski no trailer but I got it from origional owner and is well taken care of, mine is fast as hell I just don't lke purple lol

Funny yeah, I already had the purple planned out to go, maybe black instead..

Yeah the double trailers seem to go for 600-1200 and he has a cover as well, id like for him to at least crank it up for me so I can hear it.

THis one is the GSX limited I think, seems like the 951 isn't quite as reliable as the 787 from what I am reading.

Funny yeah, I already had the purple planned out to go, maybe black instead..

Yeah the double trailers seem to go for 600-1200 and he has a cover as well, id like for him to at least crank it up for me so I can hear it.

THis one is the GSX limited I think, seems like the 951 isn't quite as reliable as the 787 from what I am reading.

Ya mines the limited to it's the 951 130hp engine really fast in my opinion, I would get him to cranck it for sure and maybe even take to lake or shop and get checked before buying, ya alot of people say that but alot of people just like that 787 engine cause it's a easy fix I've had 2 skis with the 951 and no prob yet just normal maintence. Sounds like a good deal man

I know, I kinda set myself a limit off about 1000 and I was sticking to the GTX from that same year range but this one seems really fast from what I've read, I was going to pick up a 1996 GTX, double trailer for 1000 but it needed an ECU, seemed an $$$ repair.

This model doesn't have reverse if I'm correct, right? How hard is it to adapt a reverse gate to this model from a GTX?

I know, I kinda set myself a limit off about 1000 and I was sticking to the GTX from that same year range but this one seems really fast from what I've read, I was going to pick up a 1996 GTX, double trailer for 1000 but it needed an ECU, seemed an $$$ repair.

This model doesn't have reverse if I'm correct, right? How hard is it to adapt a reverse gate to this model from a GTX?

Ya that may cost ya a pretty penny in my experience with the gsx it's really realiable starts right up and runs good all day my buddy has one just like it and had his for 5 years all he's had to do is normal maintence and change wear ring, about adding reverse idk if you can or not I know the jet thing sticks out past the seadoo so I am not sure

yeah will do! Ha, trying to figure how to get the boat and the 2 skis out on the water... hopefully GF's 3.5altima can tow a pair of skis! haha!

yeah will do! Ha, trying to figure how to get the boat and the 2 skis out on the water... hopefully GF's 3.5altima can tow a pair of skis! haha!

I've seen it before and I've seen people hook a trailer to a trailer lol, what kinda boat you got

well its a 25' center console so the truck needs to pull that, so maybe the altima will do it till she gets an suv, can just imagine the boat ramp nightmare now...

trailer behind a trailer is really funny! pay to see that.

Now is the red deck GSX limited the one you want to get, I remeber reading somewhere that there was a grey deck white engine that was not a good one, or the red deck grey engine that was good... I can't find it again, this one happens to be a red deck with purple seats etc.. and red hull,

Now is the red deck GSX limited the one you want to get, I remeber reading somewhere that there was a grey deck white engine that was not a good one, or the red deck grey engine that was good... I can't find it again, this one happens to be a red deck with purple seats etc.. and red hull,

I heard stay away from the grey ones that were made in 97 put out in 98 mine was made n sold in 98, ya and believe it or not the guy with 2 trailers backed one boat in and docked it then just backed other trailer all the way in to dock the other each boat couldn't have been over 15 feet but still lol

Good god, that is funny!

Yeah this seems to be much like yours, with the redhull & deck, guy says it has new battery, starts/runs fine, no problems, just the throttle issue. He just replaced a tire on the trailer, just emailed the guy.

So double trailer, 98 GSX limited , seems to be pretty much no other issues, whole deal for 1400.. More than I wanted to spend but other than no reverse im getting more than I was looking at earlier with the GTX adn still ride 2 people if needed.. Sound good?

Good god, that is funny!

Yeah this seems to be much like yours, with the redhull & deck, guy says it has new battery, starts/runs fine, no problems, just the throttle issue. He just replaced a tire on the trailer, just emailed the guy.

So double trailer, 98 GSX limited , seems to be pretty much no other issues, whole deal for 1400.. More than I wanted to spend but other than no reverse im getting more than I was looking at earlier with the GTX adn still ride 2 people if needed.. Sound good?

Ya sounds good man it's not all that stable for 2 ppl but 2 can ride but it is def a fun fast machine.

Right on thanks, i'll email ya if I get it!

sweet man, im actually about to sell my yamaha and get me another seadoo i found a 99 seadoo gsx limited for sale for 3k in excelent shape so im thinking about going for it i just need to sell my big bus first lol

Think I told ya but I ended up snaggin a 97 GSX with a double trailer for 800, needed some basics..

Awesome man! So far got all the oil/gas lines replaced, disassembled and cleaned the carbs, rewired bildge pump, replaced the scupper lines and cleaned the scuppers, completely degreased/cleaned the inside of the hull, new plugs all new ss clamps everywhere.

Just have to clean out gas tank, prob drain whats left of old oil, take apart jet pump and replce the o-rings, and lube it up.

All that is left is a new choke cable, like to replace oil cable too, need vts button and that's it.. Banged it out in a couple of days,

The foot pads are looking rough, any alternative ideas to the $100 hydro turf?

Got any tips for initial crank after all the lines have been replaced? I know I have to bleed the oil sytem at the injection pump, should I drop in any oil in the motor or mix some extra oil in the gas?

Think I told ya but I ended up snaggin a 97 GSX with a double trailer for 800, needed some basics..

Awesome man! So far got all the oil/gas lines replaced, disassembled and cleaned the carbs, rewired bildge pump, replaced the scupper lines and cleaned the scuppers, completely degreased/cleaned the inside of the hull, new plugs all new ss clamps everywhere.

Just have to clean out gas tank, prob drain whats left of old oil, take apart jet pump and replce the o-rings, and lube it up.

All that is left is a new choke cable, like to replace oil cable too, need vts button and that's it.. Banged it out in a couple of days,

The foot pads are looking rough, any alternative ideas to the $100 hydro turf?

Got any tips for initial crank after all the lines have been replaced? I know I have to bleed the oil sytem at the injection pump, should I drop in any oil in the motor or mix some extra oil in the gas?

Hey man so you got it huh? Sounds like you've been really busy with it haha, I would go with hydroturf man there really awsome and not that expensive look on eBay for that model you can get it for like 65 shipped I think tear off all the old crap and glue down the new it looks alot better. I am not 100% sure what u do after changing all the lines I would make sure you have a good oil pump on there and if not just put a new one or a oil block off kit were you premix. My gsx still mixes itself but I put a little oil in my gas to just in case ya know won't hurt anything so why not. Email me some pics I'd like to see what you got for 1400 that's a damn good price if it runs and trailers good thanks.

Yeah I will send you some, I actually didnt get the gsx limited for 1400, I got the 97 GSX 787 with a double trailer for 800, I'll shoot you some pics when I get a chance just looking for a choke and oil cable..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back