Seadoo GS bogging after 20 minutes of use...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbigboomer

Hi all, just bought a gs 2000, great shape, had it looked at by a certified bombardier dealer, spent $180 just to get the ok and make sure there were no problems. They took it for a 20 minute test drive could not find anything wrong with it.

I took it to my lake today, and after around 20-25 minutes of use and everything working absolutely perfectly, when I would go full throttle for a period of 10-15 seconds the engine would start bogging down. I can tell when its about to bog because it slowly loses full power, then all of a sudden bogs and goes in and out of full power, like its struggling to get gas. If i do not let go of full throttle, eventually it bogs to the point where the engine dies and i have to start it up again. The weird part is that if when i feel the engine start to bog i let go of the throttle for a second or two, the problem completely goes away until the next time I go at full throttle for 10 - 15 seconds.

I made sure the engine was not overheating by opening up the top and feeling it, it was hardly hot.

I was told that it may be something with the gas tank and to open the cap up so air can get in, and see if that makes a difference. It didn't.

If anyone can help, I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back