SeaDoo cut out when wide open and won't rev up now

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerFFTP

I am a new SeadDoo owner and new to the forums. I have a 2015 SeaDoo WakePro 215.

Today I took out the SeaDoo for a 20-30min ride. While riding basically full throttle the SeaDoo cut out on me as if I released the throttle and dropped to idle.

When this happened I released the throttle. It was then idling with forward movement, but when i tried to pull the throttle the rpms increased slightly with no added power to the bike. This is even when pulling back the throttle substantially and to full.

I am pretty familiar with boats, and I am an engineer, but I am pretty nervous as I do not know very much about how these SeaDoos work and have no idea how to troubleshoot this. It is not throwing any codes and there are no lights on the dash.

Only two things out of the norm with this that I will point out even though I don't think they really affect the issue:
1)I recently installed speakers and a small amp on the SeaDoo. The battery's voltage was slightly low when I took the bike out but it was around 12.3v and cranked fine then was charging at a bit over 13v at idle.
2) When I launched the SeaDoo today I forgot to put the plugs in but rode for ~15min and remembered, so I put them in. There was no water under the seat or in the battery compartment or trim compartment.

I am very anxious about this so any advice/light you can shed on this would be much appreciated. Please let me know if there is any other helpful information i can provide.

I have a video of starting the bike up back at the house after. It is hard to tell but I am pulling the throttle back substantially and basically not much is happening. When I have the required number of posts I can send the link.

Any abnormal indicator lights on the multi function display, overheat, limp mode, anything like that?
Don’t think plugs being left out are related.
Not sure on running a amp on the charging system. These skis are fly by wire and any abnormal volts are amps might mess things up. I would disconnect your amp, charge your battery out of the ski and see what happens.

You mean you try to give it more throttle on your trailer and it just won't rev faster? Did you hook a hose to it? And if so, did you hook up the hose after starting the engine?

Also, did you check the oil to see if it is clean and brown (and not grey which would be a sign of water in the engine)?

"You mean you try to give it more throttle on your trailer and it just won't rev faster? "

Correct, itll go up slightly like 500 rpm and then nothing more.

No lights or dash indicators, oil looks good color and level, and i disconnected amp and battery completely and reconnected battery without amp and nothing changed. I didn't hook up hose to run on trailer cause i only ran like 20 seconds.

I am a bit puzzled. I am not sure but on your 2015 model, does your throttle has a physical cable or not? Newer models do not have cables anymore (like my 2018).

Obviously you tried replacing the spark plugs.

Otherwise it would be a more important problem but since my knowledge of mechanics is below average I will let someone else answer you...

Think it’s time to read fault codes, since you have no active codes displayed you need a BUDS reader, either dealer or Candoo Pro. The iTC has three components. Throttle acceleration sensor, ECM, and throttle actuator. Hopefully a code will give you some direction on how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back