SeaDoo Challenger 180 -LOUD BEEP....ANY CLUES?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniellevy1

SeaDoo Challenger 180 -LOUD BEEP....ANY CLUES?

After my last month Thread I've use CanDooPro to REST the FAULTS but I'm not getting any new FAULTS and the issue still happening.

If anyone in the Forum has any idea of what could be the issue..I will really appreciate it

Daniel
https://goo.gl/photos/S6U9zbXNXb6Pg6FPA

----------------------------
June 2017

This is my first boat and I was so excited to put it on the water this week but got a LOUD BEEP as soon as I started accelerating.
I've bought a CanDooPro and run a Report today.

I tells me 6 faults. 3 Ignition Coils, Oil level (i've just changed it 3 weeks ago and fill it up) as well as Fuel Pump and DESS line
Does anyone has any suggestions on this Faults. I don't get any "TroubleShooting" suggestions from CanDooPro

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THE REPLIES..IN ADVANCE!!

------------------
Occurred Faults
1)P0351 Ignition coil #1 open circuit or shorted to ground or to 12V (MAG coil on ETEC2)
2)P0352: Ignition coil #2 open circuit or shorted to ground or to 12V (PTO coil on ETEC2)
3)P0353 : Ignition coil #3 open circuit or shorted to ground or to 12V
4)P1520 Critical Low Oil Level Detected or No oil pressure detected
5)P0231 Fuel pump shorted to ground or open circuit or Fuel Pump relay signal pin shorted to ground
6)P1656 : DESS Post line shorted to Ground
---------------------------------
Vin Number: CEC1XXXXXXXX - Total Hours on MPEM or ECU: 144 Hours and 25 Minutes
Last Serviced By: 01748 Serviced on 140930 - Last Service: 12 Hours 58 Min

VIDEO of the issue (Loud Beep) https://goo.gl/photos/vBbkbvax6MHeqzHB8

I took the liberty of downloading the owners manual for your boat (2008 180?) anyway I doesn't actually say what that beep code is for. but to my knowledge the beeper sounds for several reasons

1) over heating, this is supposed to be continuous
2) oil or gas levels. not sure what this one is
3) neutral switch (4 beeps?)
4) others? sorry I don't know your boat well my knowledge from a much older boat

I know you have probably checked all this stuff. but have you topped everything in terms of fluids just to rule this out?

Lumps,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and btw great points

I did topped all the fluids (gas, oil, coolant). So I'm completely lost on what could be

Any chance you have too much oil? It was suggested in another thread but they never came back to confirm. Or is you voltage/battery ok?

Sorry that's all I have

Lumps

Funny you mentioned "Voltage" ...the gentleman from CanDooPro also asked me about that. I will to a test. Battery diagnosis comes back as "good" but should I'll at same specific Voltage Range?

Thank you again

Hi,

I don't know what you have checked and not so going to throw a couple of things out there. First is yours a twin engine or single? With twins you can swap parts and help diagnose. Check the fuses in the mpem computer they control the coil and injectors. I bought some coil packs off ebay one year and put them on mine, caused all kinds of headaches.

I would clear the codes with the candoo scanner. Then take for a short run. Re scan and see if you still have the same codes or some are gone. Codes will stay on till someone clears them. Some could be from years ago.

Your last post battery voltage should be around 12.4 anywhere close not running. Around 13.5 running, meaning your stator is charging. Your battery can have good voltage 12.4 but have dead cells in it also. Need a load testor, or take to a auto parts store they can load test it.

Unplug the wire going to mpem and make sure the pins in it are not bent and look ok. I had one wire not pushed in good once.

Michael

Mike

Thanks for the tips..Highly appreciated!
I took out for a run and clear all fault codes..its showing no codes..but still beeping
I did a test and looks like after running STILL shows 12 volts.. So I'm not sure what could be?
Sorry what part is the mpem?

Here are videos of the issue
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xDTJobrGyJPfTctB2
Try starting with replacing all the fuses in the fuse box by your feet, and the ones near the battery. I've been fighting a 12V Hi flash on the dash for weeks and solved it with a new 30a fuse. Had the radio fuse go bad also earlier in the year. I know its not the same issue but your boat is the same age as mine, and near the same hours, worth a shot as easy as it is. Could be the reason why your battery isn't showing its being charged when running. Both fuses that were bad looked just fine when inspecting them too btw.

Had this problem, too. After checking every single fuse I could possibly locate, I finally found a fuse enclosure hanging down near the bottom of the hull close to the engine that was melted. I didn't see it at first as it's dark in there and didn't expect the manufacturer to place it near the place you don't really want it if the boat takes on water. I couldn't even remove the fuse to replace it. Cut the old out and replaced with new. No more 12V beep mess. This problem also drained my battery over and over so many times I got fed up with dealing with it and went ahead and replaced it, too. I remembered back to a time we were in very choppy water and took on a wave causing the bilge to start. It must have been at that time that the "waterproof" connector decided to fail. I also zip-tied it up as high as possible after that to avoid the same mess. I learned quickly that my model of boat plus a full load plus heavy chop does not mix well.

Mike

Thanks for the tips..Highly appreciated!
I took out for a run and clear all fault codes..its showing no codes..but still beeping
I did a test and looks like after running STILL shows 12 volts.. So I'm not sure what could be?
Sorry what part is the mpem?

Here are videos of the issue
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xDTJobrGyJPfTctB2

Where's that brown wire going to that's in the10amp fuse? That's certainly not stock.

You should be getting more voltage running than you are.

There are fuses inside these holders

Screenshot_2018-06-25-09-29-41.png

There is a 30amp fuse down by the solenoid, that's the fuse for the charging system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back