Seadoo 951 DI vs None DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katty

Hello
I have just bought a rebuilt motor for a very good price form a person overseas. By the sound of it i am very Confident that it is a Carby model (to suit my 2000xp) but if its not what it the differnce between the engines? will i be able to replace the DI parts with the Carby Model part from my old engine? any feed back welcome! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that, but i was more wondering if the head and intake manifold where removed and replaced with those from a carby model, (And do they fit?) would this then work as a carby model? Wondering what the difference in between components are? Intake, head ect. Thanks

I'm sure the big issue would be the electronics and computers. I have a DI with computer issues which seems to be the biggest issue with these motors. This board does not seem to be a big help when it comes to DI questions.

Big differences in the carb model vs. the DI model. Completely different intake setup. different heads. The DI has an electric fuel pump in the tank, where the carb model has the standard fuel baffle. The DI model has a water cooled stator and the carb model doesn't. The MPEM is a completely different setup. You will not be able to just change out parts of the engines and expect it to run. You will either need to have a complete carb setup or a complete DI setup.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back