Seadoo 787 Piston Damage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brownie545

Hey all,

Took my 787 apart to rering and noticed some damage to the lower part of piston and some grooving below the exhaust port in the cylinder. My question is how much damage is too much. The compression was equally low on both cylinders even though one was perfect and one had grooving. My cylinders are already bored 1.00mm over so I dont have much wiggle room to rebore. I may be able to hone out some to most of the grooving.

Im hoping I can just replace the one bad piston, all new rings and hone the cylinder and be fine?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20190918_173646.jpg
    IMG_20190918_173646.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20190918_173619.jpg
    IMG_20190918_173619.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Nope, those cylinders and pistons are done as they have already started transferring aluminum.
The bore is out of sepc, running lean and starting to seize, you can't just rering.

If your cylinders are already bored to the max Fullbore Online can install new sleeves and get you back to the stock bore with new pistons and rings. I would give them a shout out and see what the charge would be.

I would also rebuild the carbs and fuel system so you don't ruin the new top end.

What should be done to the bottom end? Was a little weary about tearing that apart. My first time tearing into an engine.

You should clean and check the bearings and replace the crank seals.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back