Seadoo 4-Tec pump removal non iBR *Video*

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KK40384

Premium Member
Premium Member
Part one: Removal

[youtube]vTFTlE4GyrA[/youtube]

Part two: Re-assembly

[youtube]QMvmoM1HFAw[/youtube]

Great videos, they were very helpful since I will be doing this soon. Do you have any showing how to replace the wear ring and driveshaft carbon ring?

No I do not. I just did my wear ring last month but didn't record it unfortunately. As far as the carbon seal goes, i've never done one myself. I hear it can be a pain the first time you do it.

Once you have the pumo out all you need to do is remove the steering nozzle which is 2 bolts if I remember correctly. Then remove the 3 allen bolts that hold the nose cone on which will give you access to the allen bolt that hold the impeller on. Place the seadoo impeller removal tool in a vise and set the pump and impeller on it, then using a breaker bar (unlikely youre going to remove it without one unless you're Thor) loosen the nut and remove the pump off the impeller. That nut is captured in the pump and will not fall out.

Once you have the impeller out, you can stick the pump in the freezer for about an hour. Then the wear ring will slide right out without much resistance. After, you've done that freeze the new wear ring for about the same time while letting the pump warm up to room temp and the new "frozen" ring will slide right in. It's time consuming but it easier than cutting the old one off and possibly damaging the pump or cracking the new one while trying to press it on. The freeze method has worked for me every time and because of the lake I ride has a lot of things that get sucked through the pump I go through 2-3 wear rings per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back