seadoo 3D

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joohn

My jetski will not start, I've changed the starter relay and taken the starter motor off to make sure it's okay, not that sure what to check next, looking for any idea's It's a 2005 seadoo 3D

going to need a little more info. does the ski power up? do you even have power to the starter relay?

when the key is in the ski..... fully charged working battery, the auto choke works, the ski beeps as it should...... when you press the start the ski clicks like the relay is at fault or the starter is stuck,...... I've changed the relay for a new one first when that didn't work I took the starter off but there's nothing wrong with it ..... so I've put that back on, ..... at this stage I've stopped working on it, I don't know if there is anything else replaceable on the ski that I don't know about ........... I've always worked on my own skis/boats as I find putting it into the shop a little dear .......... lets face it, if the shop had changed the relay and taken the starter off and back on, I'd be a few quid down and no further forward,

Thanks for asking for more info,
hoping the explanation will be more helpful and easier to understand were I'm at

when the key is in the ski..... fully charged working battery, the auto choke works, the ski beeps as it should...... when you press the start the ski clicks like the relay is at fault or the starter is stuck,...... I've changed the relay for a new one first when that didn't work I took the starter off but there's nothing wrong with it ..... so I've put that back on, ..... at this stage I've stopped working on it, I don't know if there is anything else replaceable on the ski that I don't know about ........... I've always worked on my own skis/boats as I find putting it into the shop a little dear .......... lets face it, if the shop had changed the relay and taken the starter off and back on, I'd be a few quid down and no further forward,

Thanks for asking for more info,
hoping the explanation will be more helpful and easier to understand were I'm at

ok 1st off, stop throwing money at it till you know what the problem is. if the relay is clicking then that means its working. what you need to do is get you a test light. make sure you have power to the relay which im sure you do since it clicks. put the test light on the other side of it and hit the start button and see if you get power. if you get power then move to the starter and see if there is power there. if you have power there it could be a few things. the starter could be bad, another is the battery, does it have 12v? if it does it might not have the cca to kick it over. also you could have bad power wires or a ground wire and you would need to ohm them out.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...it's 12.30am in the uk just now so it will be tomorrow before I get back to the ski to check things out. Thanks...I'll keep you up to date once I check out the electrics

Engine could be locked up causing nothing to turn over. Take the drive shaft cover off, grab the drive shaft and try to turn it over by hand. This is easier with the plugs out. If it won't budge you could have a locked up motor or pump. Report back and we can take it from there.

G-day fella ......... You are right ......... the engine was locked (not the pump)...... I put two stroke oil in the cylinders last year before storing it up for the winter, so it was the last thing i thought it would be ...... so THANK YOU for making me check, also found one of the engine mounts to be broken ........
sooooooo.... engine is free ......... THANK YOU

You have made me think that I'm trouble tho........ I have a seadoo Challenger 1800 with what i think is a blown head gasket to one side ............... just haven't looked at it in over 2 years ........ so hoping it's not seized ............ but think now I should have looked at it last year

Glad you got at least it diagnosed. Definitely replace those motor mounts. Do not drive it like that. You will create more problems :) happy riding

wanted to ask you ....... have you ever heard of an exhaust blocking up probably with salt / silt or sand in the middle of the exhaust (of my seadoo 3D) can't blow it thought with air or water ..... the three jets at the rear of the exhaust are clear as is the front of the exhaust, (blocked only in the loop in the middle)..... didn'y know if i could use a chemical ??

ps..... yes changed the motor mount

I have seen some of the elbow passages get stopped up. You could try some CLR or something to break up the calcium/salt

I'll try and buy some clr when i'm out tonight, and tell you how i got on later..... thanks fella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back