SeaDoo 3D Not turning over :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a Seadoo 3D Premium 2004 model, I went out yesterday to test it make sure everything was fine. We got it in the water and it was running fine for around 20 minutes, my friend was out on it and when he come back he stopped the ski as normal. Now when we try to start it nothing happens. We get six bleeps and the LCD display looks like its shorting out. Ive looked at the elctrics but cant find nothing wrong.

Does anyone know what the problem sounds like?
And does anyone know what a certain amount of bleeps mean?

Ive heard that there is a code in a diagnostic mode that will tell me what is wrong with the ski.

Any help would be appreciated as my ski is probably sitting with water in the cylinders as I cant flush it out and I cant get it to a mechanic untill tomorrow as its a bank holiday weekend. I hate the thought of not being able to flush it out :(

Thanks for looking and cheers if you can help me :confused:

cylinders....

I'm looking for info on your ski right now. But till I can finish my reading, you can do one thing for your self.

Take off the safety cover at the back of the motor, should be two little plastic wingnuts holding it on. Then, pull the plugs out. You should be able to spin the motor over by hand, counterclockwise, to eject any water that may be built up. I don't see in your post a reason to think you have water sitting in your cylinders.....but if you do, spin the motor over like I said then squirt a little WD-40 in it..........I'll get back to you soon.

I looked in the manual under the DI system that I believe is your engine, and 6 beeps indicate a "Oil Low" condition and it also will say so in the Info center. You might have to go to a dealer to have them pull out any other codes if there is more than one. Check the oil and go from there. Keep us posted.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Thanks for your help kustomkarl and seadoosnipe, I done what you said. There was a very small amount of water built up in the cylinders which I got rid of. I managed to get the ski down to my local seadoo dealer who knew instantly that it needed a new battery :stupid: The person I bought it from before had put a non rechargable motorcycle battery which wasnt allowing the rectifier/regulator to charge the battery properly. This was barely giving enough charge to turn the LCD display on this is why it looked like it was shorting out. So the damage was only £60 instead of the £700 if my mpem unit had blown as he said it sounds like it did. Thanks for all your help :hurray:

I figured between both Seadoosnipe's post and mine, it would help. If you have any other questions give us a shout.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back