Seadoo 2 stroke 94 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckaroo28

Got a 94 seadoo sp changed the solenoid in it hook the batter back up soon as i touch the positive it wants to cranks with out key ? I plugged everything up maybe I plugged 1 wire wrong are something

Ok I'll try tomorrow it's a brand new solenoid got it in today I took one wire off the solenoid cuz I wasn't sure if it belong on there hooked up the battery and got nothing..

It's something simple I guess but I'm learning about these skis I'm sitting here trying to figure it out reading watching videos cuz i wanted fixed thanks for help ...

The yellow/red wire stays where it is, but the black/white wire goes on the other post with the other black/white wire. The black ground should bolt to the ground plate with the other black ground wire

The yellow/red wire stays where it is, but the black/white wire goes on the other post with the other black/white wire. The black ground should bolt to the ground plate with the other black ground wire
Man thank you soo much!! I was really thinking the same I'm fix it tmrw

That yellow red, goes through your start stop switch, which comes from your mpem. Crazy idea that the start stop switch is shorted out.

I have the same issue with my xp even though I've run through the wiring diagram and confirmed everything is where it belongs.

My "ghetto" solution to this has been to unplug the 4 pin connector that comes out of the mag housing before connecting the battery cables.

I hope you find a solution that might give me some insight. I have often wonderer about this issue. It's never really caused any serious problems but occasionally scared the crap out of me when I put the battery cable on

Both black wires need to be grounded. None go
I have the same issue with my xp even though I've run through the wiring diagram and confirmed everything is where it belongs.

My "ghetto" solution to this has been to unplug the 4 pin connector that comes out of the mag housing before connecting the battery cables.

I hope you find a solution that might give me some insight. I have often wonderer about this issue. It's never really caused any serious problems but occasionally scared the crap out of me when I put the battery cable on
Lol scare the shot out of me too

Got it fellas it running take a lil while to turn over the engine and start but wen I had it cranked was blowing some smoke for sure

Could be a few things. Generally your 2 stroke is going to blow white smoke for the first 20 to 30 seconds it's on. This is often just water vapor burning off and is nothing to be alarmed about.

It can also be as simple as there is a little too much oil in the fuel.

It can also be low compression due to a piston ring going out. This will blow white smoke and potentially make it hard to get the ski to start

Could be a few things. Generally your 2 stroke is going to blow white smoke for the first 20 to 30 seconds it's on. This is often just water vapor burning off and is nothing to be alarmed about.

It can also be as simple as there is a little too much oil in the fuel.

It can also be low compression due to a piston ring going out. This will blow white smoke and potentially make it hard to get the ski to start
It did take a about 5 seconds to start figured I'll get fresh plugs and see whatup ther check for compression

I would start with a compression test just to make sure that everything is on the up and up and your not throwing time and money into an issue that can't be overcome without going to a machine shop

White smoke, for me in mine once, was water in the cylinders, steam cleaning my pistons. You could have a leak at the manifold or head pipe gasket. Also check your O ring at your cylinder heads. It's also possible that you have a crack in one of your cylinder sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back