seadoo 1997 challenger dies after running 15 min

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

songbird2222

Need help my sons graduation party is coming up & want it running right

seadoo 1997 challenger starts right up & runs great then dies after running about 20 min
then engine sounds & runs great it just dies as though you pulled the lynyard
after it dies then you have to keep taking the lynard off & on the post to get 2 beeps sometimes then sometimes though even when you get 2 beeps & push starter button you wont get any thing and then sometimes engine rolls over & will start other times you might be a couple of minutes till you get it to start
then engine runs great
once it dies the 1st time it will contiue to die after that
I have cleaned the lynard & post
I have moved the lynyard all around on the post while running it never stopped the enginge
I have taken out the tray and wiggled the wires to the post while it was running & that never stopped engine

there is a good stream of water coming out the back to show water flow
new batery new plugs

the new battery did lose charge over a couple of days of running just thought maybe using the radio drained it
is it possible that some electrical component is opening up causing it to lose spark or even power to lynard

would appreciate any feed back

Last edited by a moderator:
engine shutting down after take off

I just bought a nice clean 1998 speedster. The previous owner had the landyard replaced but when you take off at full speed it dies in about 15 min of running. Fuel has been replaced and clean out filters. Any idea to that problem? By the way first time using this so I'm not real familiar.

Need help my sons graduation party is coming up & want it running right

seadoo 1997 challenger starts right up & runs great then dies after running about 20 min
then engine sounds & runs great it just dies as though you pulled the lynyard
after it dies then you have to keep taking the lynard off & on the post to get 2 beeps sometimes then sometimes though even when you get 2 beeps & push starter button you wont get any thing and then sometimes engine rolls over & will start other times you might be a couple of minutes till you get it to start
then engine runs great
once it dies the 1st time it will contiue to die after that
I have cleaned the lynard & post
I have moved the lynyard all around on the post while running it never stopped the enginge
I have taken out the tray and wiggled the wires to the post while it was running & that never stopped engine

there is a good stream of water coming out the back to show water flow
new batery new plugs

the new battery did lose charge over a couple of days of running just thought maybe using the radio drained it
is it possible that some electrical component is opening up causing it to lose spark or even power to lynard

would appreciate any feed back

Get boat fired up, the nrev'n around 5500rpm, check battery with voltmeter, should read above 14v. This would indicate that the rectifier is work'n.

With other issues, i'd inspect your ground and red cables for corrosion/breakage...etc. Then with landyard/post, use an eraser and clean each..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back