Sea-Doo won't throttle up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

murraysean960

My sea doc recently had an oil change and they put too much oil into the ski. Since the oil change, the oil has been drained to the proper amount required. I am getting a check engine light and the ski won't throttle up (only goes 5mph MAX). I am getting error code P0524 and the oil filter is brand new and I have checked it and it is not crushed or clogged. I have tried disconnecting the battery to get rid of the check engine light. How do I either fix the problem, if there still is one, or clear the check engine light and error code?

UPDATE: The error code has cleared and I did the oil change for a second time. This time I did it myself. I changed the filter and oil. The Ski now goes up to 35 mph and 5400rpm when in the water. When the ski is on the lift and plugged into a hose, I can get all the way up to 7500rpm. Why won't it accelerate faster than 35mph and it seems to be cavitating lightly?

Last edited:
My sea doc recently had an oil change and they put too much oil into the ski. Since the oil change, the oil has been drained to the proper amount required. I am getting a check engine light and the ski won't throttle up (only goes 5mph MAX). I am getting error code P0524 and the oil filter is brand new and I have checked it and it is not crushed or clogged. I have tried disconnecting the battery to get rid of the check engine light. How do I either fix the problem, if there still is one, or clear the check engine light and error code?

Code P0524(low oil pressure) is a major fault and is or has triggered a limp home mode(max allowed RPM of 2500).

I believe the overfill of the oil caused the crank to foam the oil, causing cavitation, causing a decrease in oil pressure.

Possible causes for the code:

Low oil level
Engine leak
Oil pump fault

Service action:

Check oil level
Check impedance of sensor
Refer to service manual for details

You either need a dealer or Candoo Pro reader to determine if your code is active, occurred, or inactive. If it’s active then you know to continue trouble shooting, if it’s occurred you already fixed it and can be cleared.

I can’t find in my service manual if a major fault, if corrected will reset itself and cancel the limp home mode, hopefully not in your case.

If a dealer did the oil change take it back to him, if the oil change was DIY probably now is the time to decide between who you want to do maintenance on your ski. If you go the DIY route I would definitely suggest a Service Manual and a BUDS reader. Candoo Pro Home. The service manual if followed, greatly reduces the need for a fault reader but the CanDoo can also reset service intervals, programs keys, etc.

The error code has cleared and I did the oil change for a second time. This time I did it myself. I changed the filter and oil. The Ski now goes up to 35 mph and 5400rpm when in the water. When the ski is on the lift and plugged into a hose, I can get all the way up to 7500rpm.?

The error code has cleared and I did the oil change for a second time. This time I did it myself. I changed the filter and oil. The Ski now goes up to 35 mph and 5400rpm when in the water. When the ski is on the lift and plugged into a hose, I can get all the way up to 7500rpm.?

Not great news, sounds like maybe motor and not driveline. Loss of power under load. Everybody here would probably say when it comes to a 4tec motor issues, spark plugs are most always tried first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back