Sea-Doo Trim Tab

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

10forty2

So after extensive searching, I finally came across a trim tab that was manufactured specifically for the Sea-Doo. It is a mechanical trim tab that is fixed to the ride plates. I've found numerous pictures of the tabs, and even some discussion on this forum as well as on Green Hulk. I can even find a part number online, #295-500-986, but internet searches for it also reveal that this part has been discontinued. Sooooo.... in the quest to stop the porpoising....I would like to build a set of these trim tabs, but cannot find any specific dimensions to go by. I found a Facebook entry that gave a clue....looks like it's a 3" extension of the ride plates and has a total of a 1/4" deflection adjustment. Looks to be either 3/8" or 1/2" thick. But that seems to be about all I can locate.

Does anyone on this forum have the tabs installed, and if so, do they actually work and would you be willing to take some detailed measurements? Length, width, thickness, type of material (aluminum or steel), bolt/screw hole placement, bolt sizes, and any other particulars that you could share. I have access to someone who can build them, I just don't know what to tell them to build.

THANKS!!!

I don't have the dimensions but I am pretty sure they are made out of aluminium, I was able to get my hands on the instruction sheets (see attached) for it so that might be of some help to you.

Attachments

• lbs2004_009a_EN Revision 1 Speedster 200 Trim Tab Kit.pdf
    183 KB · Views: 107
I rigged my Challenger up with VTS. It stops the porpoising, but also slows me down. It strains the motor to the point where I lose a few hundred RPM. I wonder if trim tabs would attain better fuel economy vs trimming down.

Do you plan to control these on the fly, or something you adjust once and leave alone?

I rigged my Challenger up with VTS. It stops the porpoising, but also slows me down. It strains the motor to the point where I lose a few hundred RPM. I wonder if trim tabs would attain better fuel economy vs trimming down.

Do you plan to control these on the fly, or something you adjust once and leave alone?

Yes, they will have a similar effect on performance and handling and fuel economy, they can’t be adjusted on the fly like a typical trim tab but they can be adjusted when out of the water for fine tune adjustments when adjusting for hull irregularities or extra weight on one side of the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back