Sea Doo Spark Cracked Hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Opfer

I own 2 Sea Doo Sparks (2015). They are still under warranty. I am kind of a safety nut because I have been boating since I was 6 and purchased my first PWC in 1978.

The Sea Doo's have never touched shore. They are anchored deep just like my wakeboard boat. My family and I went to the lake Memorial Day Weekend and took the Sea Doo's. They were hardly ridden, but, we did have to cross the rough basin of Lake Mead on the way back to the marina.

When I put them on the trailer, there was a huge crack in the hull. It's like there was a stress crack that couldn't stop in the plastic.

No hint of impact whatsoever. It's as if they slammed into a wake and cracked down the hull.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Welcome.

I've heard of a few random cracks happening. Fortunately... that should be warranty.

Not uncommon but also not a high norm. We have probably had 6 or so members here have Spark hull issues. Two I recall happened hitting water hard. Others hitting objects.

Photo of Sea Doo Cracked Hull

I own 2 Sea Doo Sparks (2015). They are still under warranty. I am kind of a safety nut because I have been boating since I was 6 and purchased my first PWC in 1978.

The Sea Doo's have never touched shore. They are anchored deep just like my wakeboard boat. My family and I went to the lake Memorial Day Weekend and took the Sea Doo's. They were hardly ridden, but, we did have to cross the rough basin of Lake Mead on the way back to the marina.

When I put them on the trailer, there was a huge crack in the hull. It's like there was a stress crack that couldn't stop in the plastic.

No hint of impact whatsoever. It's as if they slammed into a wake and cracked down the hull.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Inside Damage.JPG

Photo of the cracked hull damage.

They are pretty silent. They said they would take pictures and forward off to Sea Doo. Kind of BS, but, I can only raise so much s&*^. :boxing_smiley:

Geeze! thats pretty significant. They have to take care of that under warranty.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back