Sea doo RTX-X 255 (2008) Oil alarm non-stop continuous flatline beep noise.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demetra

Hi guys! I'm new here. Glad to be a part of a very informative and helpful community such as this! Here is my issue:
when I turn on my Seadoo and give it gas the oil icon pops up and a continuous beep gets turned on. RPM's automatically drop and I am unable to keep them up. What could be the issue? Pressure? Oil is present, of course.
A quick note: I am almost certain that the issue might revolve around the oil pressure springs. If you guys agree, is there a way I can check the pressure myself or must I go to a dealership and have them run the numbers on the computer?

Thanks to you all.

If I had to guess from your limited info, I'd go with a bad oil pressure sensor. It wouldn't be the first time one of those broke. How many hrs are on the ski? Have you ever had the s/c rebuilt? If so did the original one have the ceramic washers? I know in '08 they were supposed to do away with the ceramics but my '08 had them and they lasted all of 21hrs. Those going through your motor can cause all sorts of oil pressure issues you dont want.

Hello everyone!
I have the same issue as the original poster.
I have an RXP255 from 2009,
when I turn on my Seadoo and give it gas the oil icon pops up and a continuous beep gets turned on. RPM's automatically drop and I am unable to keep them up. What could be the issue?

I see different "maybe" solutions.

I would like to know from the original person who had this issue,
How did you solved it?
I'm in Cancun Mexico, and it's hard to find a good mechanic, they all want to "try" something.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!
I have the same issue as the original poster.
I have an RXP255 from 2009,
when I turn on my Seadoo and give it gas the oil icon pops up and a continuous beep gets turned on. RPM's automatically drop and I am unable to keep them up. What could be the issue?

I see different "maybe" solutions.

I would like to know from the original person who had this issue,
How did you solved it?
I'm in Cancun Mexico, and it's hard to find a good mechanic, they all want to "try" something.

Thanks!

If ski is limited to like 2500RPM,

its likely OPS - Oil Pressure Switch (low)

Or it could be your oil pressure regulator sticking ..

Yaph!
Thanks it was the oil pressure regulator. since they did not have the part, we just unplugged one of the wires and it did run for a while.
But suddenly, it stopped and now the start button, doesn't even make nothing but a basic click.
We released battery and did charge it all night long, but nothing.
We plug the key and all dash board turns on, it doesn't mark like something wrong, just won't start.
Hope ypu can help me again, thanks!

You are freaking kidding me right???

If you are not joking, your piston rings are likely welded to your cylinder walls ...

Please tell me your kidding!

Yaph!
Thanks it was the oil pressure regulator. since they did not have the part, we just unplugged one of the wires and it did run for a while.
But suddenly, it stopped and now the start button, doesn't even make nothing but a basic click.
We plug the key and all dash board turns on, it doesn't mark like something wrong, just won't start.

Brian, I have a feeling he wasn't kidding. I wonder who the other person was in "we"? a buddy or a mechanic.

No, please BMANN 06 you tell me you are joking...
It had oil, only 1 litter off when alarm beep 1st time, the we added oil, unplugged the sensor and it was running, but now, nothing at all.
We were just about to star our business for FLYBOARD in Cancun, we did 1 fly to the public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd6C1vIyQ3w
It can not be the ring's...
please!

Hate to be the guy to tell you ...

You essentially disabled the alarm actuator ... there is no other way for the ECM to know that no oil was getting to the top end. So the machine just kept spinning till someting locked up.

Good luck man ...

There was never a question of oil being In the engine, only a question as to if the oil was going through the engine.

By unplugging the wire you removed the built in safety system.

You allowed the engine to reach high RPMs with minimal oil going through the engine.

Sorry to say that I will be AMAZED if you didn't cause catastrophic damage..

Is it even POSSIBLE to turn the engine by hand? Im doubting it as the starter can't do it.

Best of luck to you, let us know what you find out. We will help you the best we can.

Yaph!

Please tell me this isn't serious. If it is you sir are a special breed. You just locked up a motor out of pure ignorance. Wow just wow

Hi,

I am also new to this forum and found it very useful.

I am having a very similar issue as our friend Demetra. I own a GTX 155 2008, last weekend after running fine (at 50-70 kmh) for 20 mins OIL sign poped up and had a continous long beep. Turned off the engine right away and gave it a try once again and engine started and sounded totally normal, but whenever i reached 2700-3000 rpm the alarm would pop up once again. I decided not to try any longer and had the guys from my marina rescue me.
Got maintenance done by an authorized sea doo representative (including oil filter and oil change), according to them B.U.D.S system did not find any issues with the ski. Had it on the water again, hitting top sped and no problem, after a total of 30mins when I encouterred rougher sea it beeped again. Same drill as before, marina rescued me. After arriving at the marina (1 hour after issue happened) ski worked properly.

Its an intermitent issue but I have no idea of what could be causing it.

Oil and cooling fluid are fine.

Hope you guys can help me out, I am very disapointed with these issues.

Best regards,

Felipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back