Sea Doo Mechanic in San Antonio TX needed HELP... New crank and no gauges!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 Sea doo Challenger 180SP that I just had the engine replaced.. The guy that did the work didnt have the qualifications that he stated he did so pretty much he pulled the old motor out and put the new motor in.. When I went to turn it over I have no power to the engine or gauges.. bilge, lights, and radio work but engine wont turn over.. I have checked the grounds and done some continuity tests throughout the engine harness..

I cant figure out what is wrong with this boat.. I need some help I am thinking maybe the ECU fried...

Anyone know a mechanic/shop in the texas area who works on challengers? or anything else I should check..

Thanks

Does the starter make any attempt or is everything completely dead?
No doesnt engage the starter.. I have jumped the starter through the starter solenoid and the engine turns over. I just sent out the ECM to have it bench tested as for some reason The ECU is not sending the signal to the relay on Fuse 2 to activate the gauges as well as fuel pump, starter solenoid....

I was almost certain something was wrong with the ECU but it tested fine so no.. I have no idea what to check.

Thanks

No doesnt engage the starter.. I have jumped the starter through the starter solenoid and the engine turns over. I just sent out the ECM to have it bench tested as for some reason The ECU is not sending the signal to the relay on Fuse 2 to activate the gauges as well as fuel pump, starter solenoid....

I was almost certain something was wrong with the ECU but it tested fine so no.. I have no idea what to check.

Thanks
I had a small, not-visible, piece of corrosion on a wire going into the ECU that caused me a ton of headaches last year. It took me forever to figure this out. The ECU itself was fine, but the wiring had an issue, so I had the shop replace the connections on both ends (in my case it was the wiring between the ECU and fuel pump) and it fixed the problem.

So your problem could be in the wire or the where the wiring harness connects to the ECU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back