Sea doo jets risk of explosion ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagopp

Hello.

I have heard that some old jet skis may explode in certain circumstances.

It really made me worried. What are the real risks?
May city doesn't even has a sea doo dealer to make an inspection.

What do you advise ?

I think the old owner changed the ignition cables to with a car cable. Do you think its unsafe? Have you heard of this ?

I have a xp 97.

Unless you have a gas leak into the hull and loose wires causing sparks there is zero chance of an explosion.

Now, if you named your machine after a girl.... well, it could explode at anytime for no reason whatsoever......

It would be more rare than you winning the lottery as AK said. Make sure you don't have any fuel leaks and that is about it. Yes, it has happened a couple times in 30 years but I have only ever heard of 1 or 2 ever. Possible, yes? Should you worry, No.

And, just to be fair, there are plenty of guys who would watch the machine explode and still not get the hint that something is wrong.....

Last edited:
Achmed the Dead Terrorist in action. "Lets see, which red button starts the ski"? (premature detonation......)

(All in fun, I hope the guy was ok).

It's always a god idea to remove the seat and take a good look and smell in the bilge before the first start anyway. Of course if something starts to leak fuel once you are riding then it could still happen. Like the other guys are saying though, it is extremely rare on a well maintained watercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back