Sea Doo Challenger Won't Start - Brief Continuous Beep?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeelinNauti

I made the mistake of briefly leaving the boat for 4 weeks on a trailer without removing the battery or placing it on a trickle charger... Re-charged the battery, then tried a new battery. All fuses appear ok. No click or anything pushing start on either engine. 13v on battery. All I get is a 5-10 second alarm on both engines and nothing after turning key & nothing on start buttons - no solenoid click - nothing. What does the alarm mean? I dont see anything in the owners manual. Could it be related to a bad neutral start switch?

Is this some major failure or a feature of the computer protecting against something else? Also, is there a connector to hook up a code reader? Where is it? Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the throttle was the issue. It was slightly off... possibly neutral switch. Not sure yet. Throttle seems very tight and difficult to find neutral...

Typically if your throttle is tight and difficult to move, it could be the reverse bucket cable maybe the throttle cable depending on the year.

My speedster is the same
When you go to start it, wiggle it in neutral until you get 2 beeps
A long beep thinks it is in gear
The cables get sticky
If you remove the throttle from the boat, you can tease some light oil down them

Hey guys, slightly different issue but mine wont start now either..... I have a 2010 210 Challenger 155hp, Its been sitting for about a month with the master switch set to off. Doing some winterizing today and went to crank the engines, turned on the master switch. Turned the key on and none of the gauges activate and no beeps. If I push one of the ignition buttons all the Gauges come on as normal and i get the beeps, volt meter shows around 12. Push and hold the ignition key and i can hear the electronics clicking but the engine never turns over. I have wiggled the throttle as this post discussed but no luck with that. Any thoughts....?

False alarm. I’m just a total newb. Since I was not on the water I wasn’t using the kill switch tether, just the key. So that’s how it acts when you don’t have the tether connected. Glad it was me & not an issue with the boat…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back