Sea Doo 1997 XP starting problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kat1967a

Im a new member. Love the site so far. I have a fantastic 1997 Sea Doo XP that is currently starting and running fine. My problem is that sometimes when I'm out riding and park it floating in the water for a half an hour for a beer or something and it wont start. It happened two times. Since then I bought a new lanyard (tether key) and it started just fine when I arrived there and they sold it to me. One time it would not start so a friend sprayed wire dryer/ contact cleaner on the lanyard post and it started right up!!! Again on the trailer (not in the water). After that it ran fine for a few days until the time I parked it. Anybody know what could be the problem?

Thanks and hope everybody is enjoying the hot weather.

Kevin Timm from Lindenhurst, Illinois

Welcome Kevin, you are in the correct place to get the answer to all your problems. I am new also and if you wil repost your thread over in the section for 2-Stroke PWC's, you will get the answers you need. Also suggest you read the carburetor tuning Sticky in that same section by Bills86e. It sounds like you might have a leak-by in one of your carb needle/seat valves, or possibly a clogged fuel tank vent valve.

Welcome aboard and enjoy! Pops

Pops, Thanks, I will check those two things. Then I will figure out how to get to 2 stroke PWC section as you recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back