Scuba diving and Bahamas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyDoc

Has anyone used a jet ski for scuba diving and/or heading offshore to oil rigs for spearfishing or running from east Florida to Bahamas? Looking into a Seadoo Fish pro and needed some feedback or if someone has done it already.

Nope haven’t bought yet, still trying to research and figure out if I want a pwc or possibly just buy a used boat. How do you like the fish pro?

Love it for several reasons. It fits in the garage (will last longer), It's faster than most boats. More fun when not fishing. I dont need a truck to tow it. The ride stability is unlike any Jet ski I have ever been on. My wife and I stood up and switched seats yesterday in the middle of the Indian River with 2 ft chop. I just dont feel comfortable going in the ocean alone yet...

That’s a lot of pros for sure. No I’m from fort Myers/Cape Coral. I’m stationed in San Antonio for the Navy for now

Hi guys, I just bought a new Fish Pro and live in Venice. Still have not taken it out yet since we went on a long summer vacation. @ 19_Fish_pro; You should test your Fish Pro out on the Gulf, it's less rough than the Atlantic. Well as long as there is NOT a tropical depression creating lots of waves :) I would also be hesitant to go in rough Sea's without a safety net in case the PWC flipped. The Salesman told me the Fish Pro is hard to flip but the ocean can be very unpredictable at times. He said while testing it out on a Sea-Doo sponsored event everyone tried to flip it and no one could. Not sure of the conditions or even if that was true, just passing along some INFO I heard.

Hi Mike in Vinice, I bought a Fish Pro back in March, the furthest I have been out is 7 miles so far. Off the coast of New Smyrna going out of Ponce Inlet. Have yet to catch a fish but have seen some very cool sealife that you dont see from the beach, lol. This ski is incredibly stable, my wife and I stood up and switched seats in 3 ft chop with no problems. I have joined a group on FB called FLskiriders, they are meeting at Sebastian this Sunday, you should make the drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back