Schrader valve adapter - fuel pressure gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what adapter to buy to connect the SeaDoo Schrader valve with a conventional fuel pressure gauge? I can't seem to locate one that specifically states it can be used on a SeaDoo PWC, they only refer to automotive applications.

Since I was not able to locate an adapter compatible with the SeaDoo Schrader valve, I just Tee’ed into the existing fuel line.

The fuel pressure without the engine running was 41psi. The spec is 44 psi.

The line pressure would drop to 39 to 40 psi after sitting a few minutes but would not go below.

I pulled the injectors and fuel rail and pressurized the system again. None of the injectors dripped even a drop after several minutes.

I replaced the injectors and started the engine. The gauge fluctuated between 41 to 44 psi. Is the pressure supposed to fluctuate that much when running?

When I revved the engine up to around 2500 RPM, the pressure would drop to 39 psi then increase to about 43 psi and fluctuate up and down +/- 1 psi. Is this normal?

The fuel pump module was replaced by the previous owner and only has about 30 hours on it. It is an OEM SeaDoo unit by Bosch.

Does this sound like a faulty fuel pressure regulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back