Scarab is Back - Powered by BRP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

coolheiser44

This is very exciting news - The world renowned Scarab brand is back and will be powered by the Rotax 1503cc that we're all familiar with.

Press-Release

In an interview, I believe it was Roch Lambert, stated that the Scarabs will be 16'-24' jet boats exclusively...sounds a lot like SeaDoo's old boat line-up, I wonder if SeaDoo sold their hull molds to Scarab?

They've been testing the Scarab's since January. I'm crossing my fingers that they get the design right using the Scarab name - hoping it doesn't look like another unexciting bayliner or sea-ray...

Cool!! This is good news for us who own the [same] engines on the now-EOL'd boats from Sea-Doo BRP!!

Also, in case you missed it:

http://www.boatingindustry.com/news...-announces-entrance-into-the-jet-boat-market/

Nashville, GA - Chaparral Boats, Inc. announced a supply agreement today with Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) to power a planned new line of jet boats, slated for introduction later this year.
“BRP is excited to begin this relationship with Chaparral Boats, a company with a proud heritage, excellent reputation and one that shares our commitment to the marine industry,” said Alain Villemure, Vice President and General Manager of BRP’s Marine Propulsion System division.
“BRP’s Rotax 4-TEC in-board jet propulsion system is a proven power source and the perfect complement to Chaparral’s award-winning line-up of boats. We believe that this strategic relationship promises to deliver consumers a best-in-class boating experience that’s supported by an outstanding dealer network.”

Back