SC move good or bad idea?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary13

First post... I read a lot but don't normally ask ?? usually most have been ask on my older skis and i know this one has also... but here goes....

I have been riding and working on mid 90s skis, I have 94XP, 95XP717 and 96 XP, 95 HX, 95SPI and 95GTX. The forums have been instrumental in returning several of these to running condition...

Now I have been looking around for a newer ski and really would like to try one of the supercharged ones if I can "afford the ski and leave some cash in the toy account for repairs...
Several are on my local craigs list that fit the budgetary requirement I am hoping folks with experience might offer their two cents before I pull the trigger or decide to stick with the old two strokes...
2003 GTX WITH 63 hours but the current owner claims the dealer cant clear the fault codes even after replacing the parts indicated... ski is running at full power (60+mph) despite error codes $3500
2004 RXP with new (less than 10 hours) seadoo crate motor...stored outdoors 120 +hours on hull sc pump etc... $4500
2005 RXT 150 hours, one owner garage stored seadoo dealer maintained. SC update 25 hour previous. $4500

Thanks in advance!

I have a ride test scheduled for Friday AM, on the 05 RXP. Hopefully the Bayou will be at least flat if not a glass.
This will be my first time on an SC, what RPM and Top speed should I expect for a single rider approx 225lbs?

The 03 GTX will also be available for a test ride Friday along with the 04 RXP... though I am leaning heavily toward the RXT if the ride goes well. I did a visual exam this evening and was very impressed how "clean" it was. Very little to no corrosion to be found in the engine compartment even with an inspection mirror... No sun damage anywhere, a few scrapes and dock abrasions.

sc models w/o ic(03 GTX SC)will only rev to 7600 rpm and top speed of 61-62 on the dreamo. this really isn't the best year for a GTX SC, had a crappy plastic pump. you'll be happier with an ic model, faster, funner, less maintenance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back