Saw smoke after re attaching ground wire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1of500

Was riding today ski died unresponsive loaded it up went home found the ground to the mpem came off put a new ring connector on it reconnect battery put key on it beeped twice see smoke from wiring harness I did move the location or where it was grounded to further up on the mag housing

Well today I learned that the grounds are specific places for reasons. Moved it back to original place replaced fuse ran like it did when I left this morning

Protect the connections with DIELECTRIC tune up grease too. Might check all your other ground connections too.

Done and done it took a while to find the small wire that goes from the mpem to the block but that's all it was. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the carbs dialed in that's what I was trying to do today but it was kind of choppy

In the automotive world, I have seen what I call "dedicated grounds" on many occasions. Nearly 100% of the time these are the trigger or trip wire for a somewhat delicate system such as drivers and the injection system. And, the ground is an internal thing that connects to or through other delicate items such as the ECM/PCM/Body Modules,, ect ect. I suppose that can be the case with skis as well, but I find it strange that it would go to the metal body and matter. In theory, one end to the other end is all one big ground when it comes to the motor..

That was the same logic I used. But needless to say it didn't work out. I ran it today no major issues except missing about 500 rpm but it's to choppy to tune it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back