salt water vs. fresh water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanchick27

so I just got 2 95 spx's and I live on the gulf and have a dock that I wanna just be able to put my skis on and I was wondering can I just leave them there or how does all this work b/c I have seen alot of ppl just leave them in the water here and others take rally good care of them. Also if it has been a fresh water ski and it goes into salt water does it hurt it? b/c I think one of the skis was a fresh water ski and one was a salt water ski. thanks

First of all you don't want to leave the seadoo's in the water. It will do lots of damage to the jet pump assy. seals and bearings. Plus all the growth you will get from being in the water full time. You need to get them out of the water when you done. Salt water is the worse thing for any watercraft. You have to rinse/ wash all the metal parts off so they don't corrode. If you leave it in the water over night you will see corrosion start that quick. I have a house on a fresh water channel that I put my 2008 200speedster on, that is off the ICW on the Gulf. I always clean it up after use and never leave it in the water for any extended time. A good salt reducer is "Salt Away". It is available at West Marine. It works great to cut the salt down.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back