RXT260 Not running please help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonrees

Hi all hope someone could help with my problem.
Started my 2010 rxt260rs 80hrs last week no problem. This week went to start it and it fires then stops. Noticed the throttle isnt operating when pulling the throttle, pretty sure you could here it operating when pulling the lever. Have checked all connections and all are fine. If i reset the throttle position using my riva athena ecu the throttle actuates fully open and closed, but nothing with the lever. Have swopped lever switches around still nothing. Also plugged standard ecu back in and same issue accept i get an ecu light after it fires and stops. Have no buds to read code though.
Any ideas?
Many thanks for any help.

I don't have the B.U.D.S. software either, but do you think it's going into limp mode? What about your throttle position sensor? Have you checked it, to make sure there are no loose wires?

It's what I've always hated about these computerized skis. When they have a problem, with one of those 14 sensors, your kinda screwed. I love my 2 strokes. I got two sensors wires, one for the temperature, and one for the ignition. And, at 63 mph, I'm happy.

Hate to hear it, but I'd check the sensor indicator wiring, make sure you have no loose wires. Oh, and that connector on the top of the motor, the ECU, check that plug and make sure you don't have any of that 12 volt corrosion starting to build. I would use some die-electric grease. Remember, a little goes a long way!

I love two strokes too but this thing is awesome when it's going.
Thanks for replying I have done all of the above and found nothing wrong.
I couldn't sleep thinking about it last night so went back in the garage.
I put the standard ecu back on and sure enough the throttle started operating again.
It was too late to start it up so will try in the morning.
If it does start looks like my riva athena ecu is toast, from what I have read on the net it wouldn't be the first to just stop working.

I love two strokes too but this thing is awesome when it's going.
Thanks for replying I have done all of the above and found nothing wrong.
I couldn't sleep thinking about it last night so went back in the garage.
I put the standard ecu back on and sure enough the throttle started operating again.
It was too late to start it up so will try in the morning.
If it does start looks like my riva athena ecu is toast, from what I have read on the net it wouldn't be the first to just stop working.

I agree. I don't do much with the 4TEC's because I don't have the B.U.D.S. software. I change oil, impellers, and crap like that, but nothing to do with those dang sensors. But, I do think, you've hit the nail on the head.

change your MAP sensor

Remember you have fly by wire so if the ECU has an issue it won't open the throttle. When everything is corrected, it will work fine.

Changed sensor runs great on standard ecu.
It now starts and idles on riva ecu but still no throttle. Think it's dead.

Already reset the throttle position several times.
I have been using this ecu with no problems it's not complicated.
It simply doesn't operate the throttle anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back