RXT-X Radio / Regulator Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmiiller

Regulator / Rectifier Question Charging Help anyone?

Guys, I have a simple question. I am going to hook up a sony marine radio on my RXT-X 2008 PWC. I am going to add a second battery in parrallel to help out. I have not decided if I will need a battery isolator or not yet. All I have is 1 set of 6.5 speakers and the radio. How do I know if my factory regulator will be able to put out enough amps / juice to power this equipment, and charge the battery while running? Anyone see red flags with this or have any feedback? I will be adding the 2nd battery to mainly use for short periods 20-30 minutes while sitting or switching skiers. I am hoping once I start it up again it will charge both batteries while I am moving and I can still listen to my radio while driving. Once again, this is a sony head only. NO external amp and only 2 speakers 6.5 inch.

Please help out with this. My local shop basically told me to get bent.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO, IF anyone knows the exact number of amps the factory regulator puts out this will help me with my decision. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back