RXT vs RXP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to make a decision looking at 2008-2010 rxp or rxt ski. I always had 3 seaters but bottom line is I don't tow tubes and I find myself racing more than 3 seating. I ride in Barnegat bay and Sandy Hook so was wondering what the big difference is in stability between the two. Also would an RXP 215 have better excelleration than the rxt 255 or bigger due to it being a bit lighter? I tried finding comparisions on youtbue and the like but not much luck. Any years I should stay away from?

Fran, 97 GTX, 98 GTLX

Night and day difference in chop. There's been many of times I've passed off rxp owners in chop. The just can't stay in the water when it gets choppy compared to the larger rxt hull.

I have the 255 RXT-X. I love the ski. I am convinced ill own one until I can no longer ride. Also have a GTX as my spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...I ride in Barnegat bay and Sandy Hook so was wondering what the big difference is in stability between the two. Also would an RXP 215 have better excelleration than the rxt 255 or bigger due to it being a bit lighter?

For rough water riding the rxt will out perform the rxp all day long. In fact I bet an rxt with two people on it will out perfom an rxp with a single rider in real heavy chop. Reason?....pump staying in the water longer allowing the prop to apply power more consistantly.

Now here's where you're really gonna get pissed at me...

The reason you don't see much difference talked about on utube is because most are noobs showing off their new toy w/o the slightest understanding of why it'll do what it does so well.

The major change to the rxp-x from the rxp...is the pump tunnel...not the extra 40 horses...oh sure...they help....but it's the tunnel. BRP made it about as big as an rxt's....so you are able to get much better hook-up in chop...better outa the hole acelleration because the pump is better loaded. For a p-x driver who knows what he's doing...a rxt don't stand a chance...believe me. I've spent the better part the last five years drowning in prop wash because of a certain p-x (this one capable of almost 80mph on glass).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not ridden an RXP-X so can't comment on that.

Any long distance ride in open water I would much rather be on the GTX instead of the RXP. I find on the RXP when it gets choppy I have slow down to help keep the hull from riding up the waves and bouncing around in comparison the GTX cuts though the rough stuff and gives a smoother ride.

I have not ridden an RXP-X so can't comment on that.

Any long distance ride in open water I would much rather be on the GTX instead of the RXP. I find on the RXP when it gets choppy I have slow down to help keep the hull from riding up the waves and bouncing around in comparison the GTX cuts though the rough stuff and gives a smoother ride.

I own both a GTX and a RXT-X. The best way to describe them is, the GTX is like a Caddy and the RXT is a BMW.. The seat on the GTX is SUPER comfortable and offers some back support. The ride is fantastic and the ski is a joy to ride. The RXT is a BLAST but it is designed to go. It runs like a wild animal and it does not really care how rough it is...

Thought about you today, Joe.

If you want a more comfy seat on that t-x...look at Hydro-turf re-skinning those seats. A more pliable fabric will give a much easier ride with no change to the foam in the seats.

If you want a more comfy seat on that t-x...look at Hydro-turf re-skinning those seats. A more pliable fabric will give a much easier ride with no change to the foam in the seats.

Good to know. I just noticed a rip in mine earlier today.

Jettrim seat covers have a thin layer of extra foam under the vinyl which makes the seat a little softer. I put one on the RXP and am very impressed with the quality cost more than the others but worth it. When installing the new cover take the old one off. I did a Hydroturf cover on a previuos ski and was talked into leaving the old cover on and it was too hard for my liking it felt like sitting on cheap plastic lawn furniture, never again.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

I will do so. Thank you.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

I hear a lot about the RXPX vs RXTX, currently owning a RXPX I could see where better hookup in rougher water would be better & overall if you mostly racing I would think the RXTX would be better. pretty much the same weight & hooks up better.

But I have a question about the handling. Is the RXT the same hull design as the RXP, just longer? I am figuring out the even though my PX is a heavy beast, it can still carve & be played with in rollers once you get used to it. it is fairly forgiving for its weight & size. however sometimes it will just about rip my arms out of my shoulders though when it really hooks in a sharp turn if there enough water under it. How is the TX? Is it more of a cross between my GTX & RXP for handling? My GTX is a cadillac as far as ride goes, but its a school bus for turns.

I hear a lot about the RXPX vs RXTX, currently owning a RXPX I could see where better hookup in rougher water would be better & overall if you mostly racing I would think the RXTX would be better. pretty much the same weight & hooks up better.

But I have a question about the handling. Is the RXT the same hull design as the RXP, just longer? I am figuring out the even though my PX is a heavy beast, it can still carve & be played with in rollers once you get used to it. it is fairly forgiving for its weight & size. however sometimes it will just about rip my arms out of my shoulders though when it really hooks in a sharp turn if there enough water under it. How is the TX? Is it more of a cross between my GTX & RXP for handling? My GTX is a cadillac as far as ride goes, but its a school bus for turns.

The RXT has the same hull as the GTX.

To get the rxt to turn better..especially in rough water...a different set of sponsons is one option...skegs are another. Beware the skegs...I like them...but there is some caution required. Know that when you turn the ski at speed...you better mean it...cause it's gonna turn...weather you are in position to keep your seat or not. They virtually eliminate bow hunting sliding the ass in a turn is completely gone.

The x designators simply refers to the oem "(after market copied)mod" parts added to get the ski up in hp. This goes for the '08ish x's...p's and t's. The latest x's are a completely different animal. New hull designs being the key factor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back