RXT 260 not going over 6500 rpm 53mph. Exhaust???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a 2010 RXT 260 IS that had the super blow out.
Engine was still good but would need to be cleaned out of tiny fragments and oil pumps replaced. I already had a good engine and 260 supercharger with 10 hours on it since rebuild. I decided since I had everything out of the ski and a few performance parts to go ahead and put them in. Added a new solas impeller, Riva intake grate, R&D air intake, performance exhaust that ran straight out the back, and I gave it a stock 8375rpm tune. Previous owner said the ski hit 69mph. I figured it should at least do 72 or 73 with upgrades and tune. Took it out for the first time today. 52mph average. One time it reached 58mph but not close to it later. RPMS not going over 6500 except with a few times short burst going up to 7300.
I will admit I was concerned about the exhaust I put in. Nothing is wrong with it but I removed it from a 2003 GTX 185 I bought once to part out. Was always wondering if it was too small for a 260 ski. Clutch slip is good on SC. I also had to use the J pipe for exhaust set up. I am not expert with exhaust but this is all I can think of as to why the lack of power. Also very slow on acceleration. Can this be from anexhaust/waterbox being too small? Trying to get some idea before I get into it. Hate the whole process of having to take the top off just to do anything. If normal ski I would just change the exhaust quick and try it.

Check the intercooler to see if its leaking, if it has water in the air side it's finished. I had just discovered mine was leaking and I was losing more power and rpm's every hour it was running, I read the intercoolers from those years were not very good. Also if you put a test gauge on the fuel pump where the line goes to the engine it should go to 58psi when you power up the ski, don't try to start it, just push the start button to power it up and it should hit that value within 2 seconds and hold it for a long time. If not then the fuel pump is toast, hope this helps

From what I read the new replacement for intercoolers is from the year 2016 , Seadoo part # 276000415. I bought a WSM 010-7005K , way more expensive but it looks bullet proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back