Rxp215 engine rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

C-KIT

Hi I'm looking at getting my engine rebuilt I'm in Sydney I have heard of dans jet power and xxx racing and seadoo centre Sydney but there very expensive compared to the others as they are local to me there my options what do you guys think cheers

Yeah thanks I read that post but I'm not to fond of using oversized bearings on the machined crank for high boost application your better of going with something clean and untouched imo

Yeah not bad she screams and I do too lol and maintenance I recomend a c-kit for machanical minded ppl

is your block and internals in good condition? see my block had spun a bearing and buggered the main where the bearing sits and also stuffed a big end on the crank.. so as I type this I found a bloke in Newcastle who is hand welding the block and machining it. NO one wanted to touch it man.. even jetsport in qld who Newcastle seedoo send there engines to.. tetrins, Geoff nickels, prycee engines, easy motors, I could go on from shops from vic to qld.. Anyway found a guy that was like yeah no prob done a fair few. he is just machining the block then giving me a call ill come get it.
There is a guy around the corner from me out here at bonnells bay (On lake Macquarie ) who is the local guru with skis and everything. he does his trade as an engine builder in Gosford for years or something and just been everywhere. he was a mechanic at the seadoo dealer up here for years but got out of that and works at home now. he has a good name around here and has all the gear to do everything. and keeps parts on the shelf too. builds race seadoo engines for guys.
So anyways once my block is done im dropping it off there and the ski and he said he will do everything, valves, pistons, rings, supercharger, conrods, bearings.. he only using my block, crank and head :) so dropping it over and he got all the aligning tools and he dropping the engine in and going to return it to me ready to ride.

You drive past his place and there is about 12 skis on the front lawn ;)

He might be a guy to talk to?

Yeah he sounds good bud but this is my fith rebuild on a rxp I'm doing this one my self at my mates shop lucky I always kept that spare crank and I wouldn't recomend using a machined block for high boost application as I know from previous experience it will not hold but if your going to run stock boost I guess you can use it but after pulling out a motor IMO I wouldn't put it back in untill it's a 100%

Lol over a period of when the rxp first come out so in about 8years I've gone through 5 motors but all with big chargers

Mate if you need help with anything let me know as I can source a lot of stuff down here from sydney and will be cheaper

Na I'm using my rods and Pistons there still good but I changed the crank and case you can say the crank and case cost me a 1000 and machining plus head skim 400 new rings 300 headgasket and all bearings from seadoo cost me 680 and I'll throw my mate 400 for letting me use his shop to do it all

Back