Rx -> rxp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheldon2es

If this sounds familiar from GreenHulk, that's cuz it is. long time lurker, but i finally cant find something from the search bar. Plus, you folks are a different group of opinions than greenhulk.

I have a 2000 RX Millennium. Love the thing. Just would like it to be a hair larger and more power of course. But I dont want to mod a 951 with 80 original hours.

I really like the similarities and improvements stepping to an RXP. My main concerns are keeping weight down, so I want pre-2012, and reliability.

Debating between the 215, the x255, and if a 09+ is worth it to get the updates.

Will a 215 feel faster than an RX? I've done my research but I don't find that many guys that come from an RX to an RXP and talk about it. Similar top speeds but power/weight is much better on the RXP. I'll be dissapointed if my RX takes an RXP 215 on holeshot, for example.

The only mods I really plan on are exhaust, intake, OPAS delete, and then anything else under ~$500 that doesn't kill reliability.

Thanks!

I personally went from an RX to an RXP, although it was more than 10 years ago, and still remember it like it was yesterday. There is no comparison between the two. Whoever told you they have similar top speeds does not know what they are talking about. Out of the box, my rxp hit 69 on gps while my rx was around 62. I also had a gsxl that was faster that hit 64 on gps but nothing was even close to the acceleration of the rxp. I put the rx and rxp side by side many times and it reminded me of a chevette going up against a corvette. The 215 pulls hard while the 951 just doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I love 951s but there really is no comparison to a 215 in terms of acceleration and speed.

I also owned an RXX and while I never ran it next to the rxp, I'm sure the rxp is still faster even with the heavily modded 951 of the rxx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally went from an RX to an RXP, although it was more than 10 years ago, and still remember it like it was yesterday. There is no comparison between the two. Whoever told you they have similar top speeds does not know what they are talking about. Out of the box, my rxp hit 69 on gps while my rx was around 62. I also had a gsxl that was faster that hit 64 on gps but nothing was even close to the acceleration of the rxp. I put the rx and rxp side by side many times and it reminded me of a chevette going up against a corvette. The 215 pulls hard while the 951 just doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I love 951s but there really is no comparison to a 215 in terms of acceleration and speed.

I also owned an RXX and while I never ran it next to the rxp, I'm sure the rxp is still faster even with the heavily modded 951 of the rxx.

Great feedback. Really appreciate it.

That's great to hear someone definitively say the rxp 215 will out holeshot the rx 951. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I also like the idea of a little better fuel economy on the 215. I consider myself more of a buoy raced than a top speed demon (if I had to pick). I just don't care about lining up skis and seeing who has a higher top end. But running right channels and rivers in the weed flats. And sometimes actually running buoys.

They both sound fantastic. I've found an rxpx with 90 hours for $6k. But I just don't know if I want the px or just regular p. If I could get an rxp 215 under 100hrs for like $4500 I'd do that all day.

I own two skis, one is the 09 RXT-X 255. I LOVE the ski. I smile every time I squeeze the throttle.

I also like the idea of a little better fuel economy on the 215.

This is completely not true. Not sure where your getting your info but the 215 is a gas hog compared to a 951 especially if you can't stay out of the throttle.

This is completely not true. Not sure where your getting your info but the 215 is a gas hog compared to a 951 especially if you can't stay out of the throttle.

No I meant just in comparison to the 255.

Mind you also, I understand that full throttle fuel consumption is high, but in going to be cruising a lot of the time so the 30-40mph fuel is what I'm concerned with.

Rx -> rxp

So I've got a 2007 RXP 215 in red and white with 51 hours and trailer for $5k and a 2009 RXP-X in the gunmetal with 92 hours and trailer for $6k. What do you guys think?

Either way they're gonna need SC rebuild. The 09 for the hours and the 07 just cuz of how long it's sat and has low hours. I kinda like the red just because it's not exactly the same as my grey 00 rx millennium. But the px seems sick. But on the other hand I don't NEED the power.

One thing I thought of: Is that handlebar on the px a pain in the butt when riding 2 up? Can I just put a smaller riser on it? I'd assume I could just find a shorter riser for a snowmobile or whatever for the right height bars and it'd work.

I think those are pretty good prices. My favorite color combo in the RXP is the red and white. Make sure to get the superchargers fully rebuilt and go enjoy them!! Send them to [MENTION=66830]PWC[/MENTION]Muscle

Ok well a lot of these guys aren't responding to inquiry about their ads. Oh well.

I kinda decided if I go rxpx I want the 09+ for the updates. So here's the best I've got right now.

2009 RXP-X. 150hrs. Spotless. Riva Stage 1. With trailer. $5900.

What starts being considered a lot of hours on these engines? On the two strokes I always was getting rid of them before 150hrs. Don't want the issues.

I Have an 06 RXP with 67 hours I am letting go for $4500 :thumbsup:
Ski was completely redone. Colors changed as well from black to red.

14729282_1490672994282984_826230517637284348_n.jpg

Raven, I read up on your ski. Given its history I'd rather just stay hands off on that one but thanks for the offer.

That being said, if anyone's trying to sell or knows of a nice pre-12 rxp for sale, let me know. I'm in MI. Willing to drive to an extent to about 8hrs away pending condition of said unit.

Thanks!

I just sold an 07 RXP 215 with 125 hours for $4300. I have another 07 RXP black/yellow with 70 hours but it is a 155 that I would sell pretty reasonably. Not nearly as fast as the 215 but still pretty snappy and no sc to worry about. I'll be in MI next week. PM me if interested.

Rx -> rxp

Ski-doo, that's a decent price, but I'm in the 215hp+ boat.

I actually found a 2007 215 with 50hrs and I think I can get it for $4500 with trailer. Might grab it if I can get time to go get it.

I like the 2010/2011 black rxpx and the red and white rxp's the best, then silver. Silver is just meh to me on anything. Plus then it looks just like my millennium rx.

It's crazy to me how '12+ go for up to $3k over a '11 PX. I'd get a 12 but for half the price I'll be happy with the 215.

Update: both of those two skis i was looking at fizzled out. Just couldn't meet when they were free and they sold days after i mentioned them on here. There's a 215 red and white RXP with 50hours down in Kentucky i might check out while I'm down there for the derby.

Other than that, there's quite a few GTR 215's I'm finding with under 100hours in the $7k range. What do you guys think? It seems like a pretty nice ski. I'm not excited for the iBR, but throttle by wire is cool with the modes. It's a slightly bigger hull, yet still super light. Actually lighter than even the pre '12 rxp. My only concern with a GTR is that it'll feel sloppy or slide-ey, and not carve corners but instead drift them like my old Polaris slt with the flatter bottom. Any thoughts?

GTR is pretty aggressive and not sloppy at all. Won't be anything like your old Polaris. It carves pretty well but not as well as the RXPX. It is a 3 seater but is the most sporty available and is almost the same length as the 12+ RXPX.

Do you guys know if stock rxpx sponsons can be swapped onto a gtr?

There's a '13 an hour from me in detroit for $7500 with 54hours..

I do like that the gtr is in this newer "stealth"/angular styling. And that rear platform is nice and big for a cooler of bee... i mean Gatorade [emoji6]

Update: both of those two skis i was looking at fizzled out. Just couldn't meet when they were free and they sold days after i mentioned them on here. There's a 215 red and white RXP with 50hours down in Kentucky i might check out while I'm down there for the derby.

Other than that, there's quite a few GTR 215's I'm finding with under 100hours in the $7k range. What do you guys think? It seems like a pretty nice ski. I'm not excited for the iBR, but throttle by wire is cool with the modes. It's a slightly bigger hull, yet still super light. Actually lighter than even the pre '12 rxp. My only concern with a GTR is that it'll feel sloppy or slide-ey, and not carve corners but instead drift them like my old Polaris slt with the flatter bottom. Any thoughts?

I have a 2016 GTR215. It has a 200 hour rebuild on the SC, but only two years. Using the Site Sponsor, I will have it rebuilt for much less than what SeaDoo does it for. I just have to pull it off and mail it to them. Less than $600 once you taKe into account for shipping. As far as the "feel". if you were in my area, I'd let you ride mine. The side sponsons dig in quite well. Enough so that over 45 and I come off the ski. A younger dude could likely do much better. Also, don't dismiss the 2nd gen iBR. It's wonderfully useful. From slowing down to docking to getting it on the trailer, I'm spoiled. It works great and doesn't have the failure issues of the 1st gen iBR.

Do you guys know if stock rxpx sponsons can be swapped onto a gtr?

There's a '13 an hour from me in detroit for $7500 with 54hours..

I do like that the gtr is in this newer "stealth"/angular styling. And that rear platform is nice and big for a cooler of bee... i mean Gatorade [emoji6]

I use the rear deck for a cooler, a fishing platform, an easy way to reboard even without the step, so on and so forth. I go from 5mph in forward to 60mph in the 6.2s range. I can flat spin, trim the VTS all the way down and ride Impeller wheelies to just by shifting my weight back. I'd say spend a little more and get a second gen iBR equipped Ski.

I missed out on a GTR on eBay today... '12 with 50hours no trailer, i bid $6300 and lost. I don't like doing sight unseen though.

There's a guy in Kentucky with a '15 with that yellow and red graphics. I cant decide if i like the look. He has under 50hrs with trailer and wont budge from $9k. Ill be down there for the k derby in a few weeks and might check it out and wave some cash in his face.

how would you guys compare the GTR to my RX as far as the slide vs carve in the hulls? not sure where people place the RX hull along the new T3->S3->GTI hull chain from carve->slide

I'm going to check out a GTR 215 near me either Wednesday or Saturday. '12, 30hrs, will new hoist, trailer, cover, spotless, asking a ton but after talking to him I think we're going to narrow it down to about $7500-$7700. seems decent price to me. plus it's only an hour away.

I can't figure out if I like the orange/black/white, so we'll see in person. same with the yellow/black/red; is it the Ronald McDonald Express, or cool? I really like the new all black ones with grabber blue trim.

This season passed and i never picked up a 4 stroke like i intended. Summer gets rolling and pretty soon sitting at the lake sounds more fun than sitting in a dealership. RX ran flawlessly another season.

There's some dealerships with the GTR230 in that beautiful grabber blue for under $10k.. my local dealer is advertising $9700.. you guys think that's as low as i'm going to find one? We rode the detroit river alot this year and really could see the use of a bigger hull when those big waves kick up from the yachts and tankers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back