Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nspeedrace

so I recently did a top end rebuilt on a sea doo 2000 RX I have been babying it for about 7 hours and i finally decided it was time to open up the throttle and see what it could do. To my surprise I was only able to get up to 40-42 MPG and 5,500 RPM before it bogged down back to 39-40 mph and 5300 RPM it ran great at those speeds but wouldn't let me accelerate any more. can anyone shed some light on this issue? spark plugs are new, so is oil and gas levels are fine. It also has about 75 hours on it.

They need to be removed! And the entire fuel system cleaned out. Carbs cleaned and fuel selector cleaned or replaced

looks like this morning i'm just following adam around and agreeing with him.

fuel lines do not need checked, they need replaced,
fuel selector valve should be checked, and replaced if needed (expensive item, so i'd clean first)
water regulator, pull it, open it, see if its moving freely, sign's of leakage, rust, etc. if it looks fubar, replace it ($30ish)
raves, you can dremel a small hole in the cap to see if the rave's are opening, but at this point, i'd do the 3 items above first.

circling back.... did you bore out the top end ? did you trim the raves when you did that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back