runs good at low throttle/boggs down at full throttle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnT

Anyone who can help
I have owned this 1995 SPX for 4 years and never had a problem with performance. Just last week the sea doo will not perform at full throttle it will want to choke itself off so you have to let off the gas and it will run fine at low speeds. I changed the spark plugs and inserted fuel treatment to eliminate water in the gas and it still will not perform. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did you check to see how strong the spark was? Also, when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

I did not check the spark and I have not changed the fuel filter since I bought the ski 4 years ago. I will replace the fuel filter this weekend and check the spark. I think this ski has in line fuel filter and one in the carburetor, which one do you suggest I replace?

my xp has a fuel sediment bowl that spins off with a screen filter inside the bowl. yours may have the same. its a semi-clear cup about 2-3 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter and the screen inside pulls off for cleaning.

I replaced the fuel filter this weekend and still boggs down at full throttle. Should I be looking at the carburetor needle valves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back