Runs Fine wont move in the water...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan81885

To make a long story short couple buddies took my 2007 gti out hit a bank pretty good and back off and I guess things seemed to be fine. They slowly took off to make sure everything was running ok and once they hit 4,000 rpms or so it started bogging down to the point now where it wont even idle. Sounds like it's having trouble getting air through. I had the house hooked up to it and the impellar runs great and accelerates when I hit the accelerator. Just when you get the doo in the water it sits. I have no clue what may be wrong there is no physical damage or anything stuck in the impellar. They did say the overheat alarm came on but I think it's because they keep trying to gas it. I don't know if mud got sucked through because that has happened before and it bogged down but put it in reverse and everything was fine. I would rather avoid taking it in because I know they will over charge and there are only 25 hours on it. Any suggestions or things I could check before I get out the old checkbook.

maybe the pump sucked up a bunch of crap and shot it into the cooling system. Have you pulled hoses and checked them out? That would explain the overheat also.

You think trying to run it in reverse may jar something loose?? I went and squeezed the hose didn't feel any big pieces of anything in there.

i see you have 2007. Is that closed loop system? If not there should be a line coming from the transom as it mounts to a tube on the pump. this is what forces the water in on the open systems. From there it takes multiple routes. You need to get a shop manual or look at the fiche of the cooling system to see the paths.

Running in reverse is simply droping the gate down so the water pushes the craft back, not forward. Reverse does not change the rotaion of anything or the flow of water.

You might think about joining as a premium member for a service manual from seadoo. Here is some information on "Premium Membership";
As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and private use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too. Premium members get priority when it comes to getting quick detailed answers.

Karl

I suspect that the boat sucked up some mud and has now pushed it through the cooling system. I'd pull the pump and start with reverse flushing the water feel in the pump. From there, trace the hoses around and reverse flush them out. I don't know the 2007 boats so you'll just have to trace the hoses.

What has me curious is your saying that the boat doesn't move in the water. Maybe something got stuck in the pump and jammed it and the splines are now stripped. The impeller looks like it's spinning, but when it's in the water, doesn't spin. Just a theory

That 2007 Has interloping cooling I believe except for the exhaust system. If you have a over heat signal, it's a different problem too as maybe it has a leak in the transfer cooling plate. I would look under the seadoo at the ride plate and jet pump assy. You really need a manual to do a good check over, so you know what your looking at.

Karl

I will try the reverse pump... hopefully something comes of this... otherwise I may just need to bring it in. Something else someone told me which i dont know much about is he said there is safety ring around the impellar and if it breaks can cause things now to work.

I will try the reverse pump... hopefully something comes of this... otherwise I may just need to bring it in. Something else someone told me which i dont know much about is he said there is safety ring around the impellar and if it breaks can cause things now to work.

That ring is called the wear ring. It is a replaceable plastic ring that sits around the impeller. Have a good look in you pump from both ends and look for any damage to the ring. If it is torn up, or worn to the point that your tolerances are not tight enough you will have no thrust.

Wear rings do not like mud, sand and gravel, so if they sucked up a bunch of debris there is a good chance it is toast. Just search "wear Ring" and you will find lots of information on it.

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back