Running engine on land

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to purchase a 2006 Sea Doo Sportster 4-Tec 155 hp jet boat. Can the engine be run on land ? Is there a port to attach a water hose ? Will this harm either the engine or jet drive unit ? What is the normal compression for this engine ? Should it be checked cold at wide open throttle . Is there a way to check oil pressure ? Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

You can run the motor on land... You don't need a water supply for a very short running. Me personally I don't go more than 15 seconds without water.

You can hook a hose up to the rear of the jet pump, there is a hose fitting just for this. You MUST start the engine first then turn on the water, once done turn off the water first then kill the engine. This order is extremely important!! Never run the water without the engine running!! With the hose connected I think you can run it up to two minutes, I would never do so the less the better IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back