Running Boat Out Of Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agugliel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Can you run the boat out of the water with the hose attached and are you able to test your engine by going full throttle to see how high you can get the rpms? Having an issue with my boat

Also a solid beep is for overheating or for your temperature control

Plenty safe to run the boat with hose attached but not for long periods and I wouldn't run over 2500 rpm as you have no load on the pump.

Last edited:
Well technically the boat if pushed full throttle could max out on the RPM out of the water which is something I would not do but

Plenty safe to run the boat with hose attached but not for long periods and I wouldn't run over 2500 rpm as you have no load on the pump. Always let the hose run for a while to get water thru the whole system before starting the motor.
Plenty safe to run the boat with hose attached but not for long periods and I wouldn't run over 2500 rpm as you have no load on the pump. Always let the hose run for a while to get water thru the whole system before starting the motor.
Wrong info you have to start engine first and then turn on water and shut off water before killing engine

Wrong info you have to start engine first and then turn on water and shut off water before killing engine

what you are saying is correct for the older seadoo engines like the 720 etc... the exhaust pressure was needed to keep water from flowing back into the engine. a little water always stayed in the jacket so it was safe to run for a very short time without water.

The mercury style engines entirely drain when out of water. they also do not have a need to have exhaust pressure to keep the cylinders dry. this is why for mercury based jet drives its recommended to run water first then start. turn off engine. then turn off water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back