run accessories without power?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pleadwell

hi there, this may be a stupid question but I'm a new (actually returning after 12 years) seadoo jet boat owner. I've just bought(actually buying) a 06 Seadoo Speedster 200 (the 430HP) and was wondering if you can run the accessories (thinking more about the stereo) when the boat isn't running? When I put the lanyard on it beeps twice lights come on in the dashboard for both engines and then they go out a a couple of seconds later I hear what I think is 4 very quick beeps and then it just beeps loud about every 5 seconds or so till I pull the lanyard off and I don't have power to the stereo or anything. I've never started the boat(still under warranty) and I'm taking it to the dealer to be checked out early next week before I comitt to buy and I feel like a dummy :stupid:....any help?

Thanks ...

Welcome to the forum pledwell. The dess,(Digital Electronic Security System) will beep 2 times to tell you that the engines are ready to start. If you don't start them in 5 seconds, the dess will beep 4 times to remind you that the lanyard is connected and it isn't running. It will do this for a while till you either start the engines or take off the lanyard. Yes, pulling the lanyard off the post will stop the beeping. This is what it is suppose to do. The stereo should have direct power to it trough the rocker switch on the dash console. I just bought a 2008, 200 speedster and it has the same set up. The stereo needs the rocker on the console "on" to operate. I believe the 06 speedster works the same way. I hope this helps you.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back