Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

euro_wake

My RPMs are hanging around 3500-4500 around the dock. When you take it out it runs good but at low speed like around docks and putting the boat on the trailer the RPMs Hang and wont die back to idle speed. I adjusted the throttle the day before it had went limp by tightening the screw. But i have done that in the past and it has never affected before. Does this sound like my cable is going bad or a spring on the carbs going bad? I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Get a small mirror and flashlight after removing airbox and take a look at it.

Rob

You'll have to separate the throttle cable end from the bell crank to see where the problem really is. If the throttles close nice and firmly on their own after you open them by hand with the cable removed you'll know where the issue is.

Not sure if an outer crank seal leak could actually cause it to rev that high with the throttle butterflies closed but if you don't find anything wrong at the carbs and controls that's the next place to look, an atmosphere test on the case will confirm or deny that.

X2 on the above by Waterluvr. Gotta disconnect and see if the carbs snap back, you will know right quick what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back