RPM questions for 2001 Mercury 240 EFI 1st Gen

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsatina2002

Hello all, happy to hear my boat finally starts its engine, but i know that idle rpm is 1000-1100 rpm, initially my boats starts easily at 1000 rpm and turns off after 1 min and restart it after 30 seconds, stabilize its engine but idle rpm is 1500-1750 through tachometer... i know i didnt replace a new oil and fuel.... im planning to use quicksilver power tune engine cleaner and mercury quickleen and seafoam.... any suggestions how to use them specially the quicksilver one... thankd

No... water won't make the RPM jump. But since you said you have old fuel... it's a place to start. You should have a water sensor... but the buzzers go bad, and sometimes you don't hear it. The easy way to check, is to unthread the sensor on the bottom of the filter.

The only reasons the idle would be high is if there is an air leak into the intake (broken bleed hoses, or bad gaskets) or if the idle was physically raised because a previous owner had a low RPM issue. I would give some of the hoses around the intake a tug, and see if you can find broken hoses.

No... water won't make the RPM jump. But since you said you have old fuel... it's a place to start. You should have a water sensor... but the buzzers go bad, and sometimes you don't hear it. The easy way to check, is to unthread the sensor on the bottom of the filter.
Thanks Dr Honda, what i notice today when I start it it does go to default rpm 1000-1100 rpm and after 2 mins go down to 80-750 rpm... and then it turn off... and i turn it on right away and rpm increase to 1500 rpm to 1750 rpm and it wont turn off... i turn off for 20 mins and started it again rpm starts 1000 amd increase to 1500 without turning off itself... thanks for your input im planning to put mercury quickleen to the gas and spray quicksuilver power tune engine cleaner you think its a good idea? P
The only reasons the idle would be high is if there is an air leak into the intake (broken bleed hoses, or bad gaskets) or if the idle was physically raised because a previous owner had a low RPM issue. I would give some of the hoses around the intake a tug, and see if you can find broken hoses.

Thanks Dr Honda, what i notice today when I start it it does go to default rpm 1000-1100 rpm and after 2 mins go down to 80-750 rpm... and then it turn off... and i turn it on right away and rpm increase to 1500 rpm to 1750 rpm and it wont turn off... i turn off for 20 mins and started it again rpm starts 1000 amd increase to 1500 without turning off itself... thanks for your input im planning to put mercury quickleen to the gas and spray quicksuilver power tune engine cleaner you think its a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back