Rough Idle, Missing - 2000 Seadoo RX 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

standbybrad

Hi All,

New here but loving this website, it is a great resource.
I just bought a 2000 RX this winter and im trying to get it ready for the season.

First test run on the lake i was only running in one cylinder and it was bogging when i would try and accelerate. If i worked the throttle i could get it to suddenly take off on both cylinders but shortly after it would bog and stall.

Took the ski home and cleaned the carbs and put them back in... It is now firing in the first cylinder that was missing before. It is idling a bit better, and it will rev up much higher with the throttle but still seems rough. Before it was able to run on the second cylinder but not the first ( if i pulled plug wires and forced it to run on one ) Now it seems to be running stronger in the first and missing in the second.

I am thinking i am closer to running smooth and maybe i only need to play with the fuel mixtures and try and get the carbs to sync up a bit better. I am looking for peoples thoughts and experience on this. Am i right about probably only needing carb adjustments? This is my first seadoo.

As well i have already replaced the fuel and oil filters and changed my fuel lines out from the grey tempo ones; and i have syphoned the gas and replaced with new.

:confused:

I would check your gauge for accuracy. I think the 951 should be around 130 psi. But the difference In each cylinder is more than 10psi and that worries me. How many hours on the motor

It could be your gauge, or I hate to say it, time for a rebuild

Some of the 951 experts will chime in soon and share their wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are showing 125 and 150, either the gauge is goofy, or it's time for a rebuild.

Also, don't do that one spark plug thing, you are going to damage the engine.

re-verify your compression readings and report back.

Also, if you have grey tempo fuel lines, they have to go.

Those are the compression readings. I replaced the lines. Had it out at the lake today. Was running strong for a good day of riding yesterday. Today I blew a hope in the case. It was rebuild time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back