Ripped open seat. Options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bdc5551

I went to uncover my 3up spark to get it ready for the summer and it appears an animal ripped apart the seat. What would be the better? Getting a new seat (about $280) or getting it redone at a upholstery shop. I'd prefer just to get a used seat, but I can't find one anywhere. IMG_1851.JPG

Get a quote from the upholstery shop, if it's cheaper go for, if it's slightly cheaper. I'd just buy another oem seat I guess.

i tried to get my seat reupholstered and they guy told me it would be hard as it looked like the vinyl was formed onto the foam. He was unsure if he could get the vinyl to hug the foam like the factory seat, so i bought a new one in the color I wanted.

Sold my old one on Ebay for 100 bucks and it was like new.

Any marine or auto upholstery shop should be able to do that. I’d say just buy a cover and do it yourself, but that’s quite a bit of foam missing... I’d leave that one to a professional.

Check out hydro turf covers! We have them on Pwcmuscle.com

I have recovered seats with missing foam. Find some sacrificial foam, shave it to shape with scissors whatever, glue it in the gouges...then here's the trick...cover the patches with really good tape, I've used that super sticky tape that they use to shrink wrap boats with.....then use a good aftermarket seat cover.....use a heat gun (or do it in the sunshine) to soften the new seat vinyl to manhandle it into shape. Personally I prefer a air compressor driven stapler to put it all back together. BTW: I remove the original seat cover and all staples, etc....may not be necessary but that's how I prefer to do it. It is tedious work...but fulfilling once its done.

Back