RFI "low Voltage"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mambojm

My RFI isn't charging. I replaced the rectifier with a good one from another ski and that didn't fix it. I checked all the fuses, and they are fine.
I cleaned up my ground connections, still no luck.
What would you recommend my next step should be? How do you check the yellow wires from the stator? Most the posts seem that the rectifier is most common cause, but I have now tried two different ones and it didn't help.

Thanks

John

first off, you must have a fully charged good battery , if battery is no good, then these skis, are a "primitive" type of a charging system, just like the 4 wheeler i have, its imperative to have a good battery.
then, follow this link, http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?50814-The-RFI-(Rotax-Fuel-Injection-)-Spot
it has all the info you will need, also, check all 3 fuses in the rear electrical box, and all fuses in the mpem

have your battery load tested, then

test battery with engine not running - post results, then start ski, run at 3000 rpms approx, then post results so we have some info to work with

Thanks for getting back to me. When it's not running the battery is at 12.26v , when running it's 11.82. I can put the battery on a charger if you think I should, but it does crank with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back