reversed stator vanes on new pump?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beergut

so- i just got my new pump & impeller from inland jet (i dont recommend inland jet btw) and was comparing the old pump with the new- the stator vanes in the new pump are reversed compared to the OEM pump. anyone know if this was an upgrade or if the reverse vanes will perform equally? i would think the jet of water rotating through the impeller would be affected by the direction of the stator vanes? anyone ever notice this difference when replacing their OEM pump with an aftermarket?

Attachments

• 20190722_162910.jpg
    20190722_162910.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
omg i'm sofa-king stupid.... never mind.
:crazy::footinmouth:
Yeah, like we haven't all done something so obviously silly that we absolutely convinced ourselves it was absolutely correct. Go easy on yurself! - probably WON'T be the last time either......if you're wrenching, you're making mistakes - but ALWAYS learning!

If it is only supposed to fit one way...how come we can figure out how to put it on backwards????? - answer me that!!! - hahahaha

even worse is... I asked my wife to come check it out, and she immediately saw I was comparing the wrong sides to each other... and she's a kindergarten teacher! ugh! lol! :yuck:

even worse is... I asked my wife to come check it out, and she immediately saw I was comparing the wrong sides to each other... and she's a kindergarten teacher! ugh! lol! :yuck:
Obviously...women KNOW everything! Am I wrong? Uh oh...time to get out of dodge! :gasp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back