Reverse not engaging on a seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos2017

Hi all I'm new to this forum so recently me and my mother just purchased a 2000 seadoo gtx millennium edition so when I go to move the reverse lever on the outside of the jet ski nothing happens I can move the bucket by hand and the interior part that hooks up on the interior of the jet ski if anyone can help let me know thanks in advance there is a picture below and there is a part in there that looks broken

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 31
If the cable was moving fine the bucket should move. You sure the cable doesn't have a break in it? You see the cable end moving at the bucket when you pull the lever?

The bucket move if I move it by hand and on the interior piece the picture that I posted I can move it by that to but the lever on the outside won't move the bucket

Have you looked inside under the storage compartment at the mechanism while moving the handle? Does the handle seem loose like you can pull it up out of the slot?

[video=youtube;rrxIiduuFwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxIiduuFwk[/video]
I took this video yesterday this is under the glove box in the middle

Can you pull up on the handle like you're going to remove it from the slot that it's in? It looks like it isn't even trying to rotate.

That star piece is broken/starting to round in the video. I bet the cable is wearing out/sticking and those plastic pieces are wearing out.

Sorry I was trying to edit the link to the Seadoo Manuals but it wasn't letting me put the URL in the post then something happened and it double posted.

Has the ski been converted to premix and had the oil pump eliminated? You need to use a Low Ash API TC oil. Do some searching on this site and Google. There is tons of information on it.

As stated above API TC but it must be full synthetic for the 951. Easy way to be safe is the Seadoo XP-S full synthetic in the yellow bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back