Reverse Gate Linkage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premix

I wish the (twin pump) reverse gate linkage was easier to remove. If you need to inspect a pump, you have this awkward shaft held on by tiny bolts just waiting to snap off.

IMG_4066.JPG

I just took mine off yesterday to inspect the pumps (yearly maintenance) . I've never had an issue with these bolts (thank God). Be sure not to over tighten them. Torque specs are 15 inlbs.

For easier disassembly. Those bolts are tiny and I don’t like the idea of testing them anytime a reverse bucket needs to be removed.

I've found the yearly removal of the entire pump assembly to inspect and re-lube is an important maintenance step with these boats, especially if you use in salt. The 4 reverse bucket allen head bolts are a prime example. We've seen many posts, mine included, of people who have had major issues trying to remove these bolts after they've sat for some time. They typically seize up.

By removing everything each year, you can clean up threads and use marine grease to help stop the corrosion from seizing things up.

We've had our 2012 since 2015 and I've never had an issue with those small bolts.

Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back